[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop being a homewrecker? Two of my previous boyfriends

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1489571106544.png (410KB, 521x576px) Image search: [Google]
1489571106544.png
410KB, 521x576px
How do I stop being a homewrecker? Two of my previous boyfriends left their girlfriend to be with me, and it looks like that story is going to repeat itself a third time soon. I don't mean or want to do this.

The funny thing is I'm not even worth it because I dumped them both abruptly after a year or so because intimacy scares me.
>>
A rope and a stool.
>>
>>18132519
>find out if they have a partner
>if yes, stop talking to them
>if no, continue

i used to do the same shit op, it doesn't stop unless you make the effort. get your attention from someone else and leave the others alone
>>
>>18132519

I say this with all sympathy and from no place of jealousy, anger, or judgement:

Stop flirting with guys in relationships.
Learn how to say no.
Pick better people to hang with.

You kind of sound like a friend of mine.
She's like the sweetest person I know and I love her like a little sister.
But girls seem to hate her, and she's always getting in to really fucked up situations...

And I can say she brings this shit on herself because she's a FUCKING MASSIVE flirt who does not know how to say No.

I say this as a guy who's almost as big a flirt, so sometimes I get put in some awkward situations, but I know how to draw a line, I know when I've gone too far, and when to make things clear.

If you don't want to keep repeating the same shit over and if it makes you feel like you're a shitty person, fix it.
>>
>>18132532

This guy's right. You're a fucking scumbag.
>>
>>18132532
>>18132578
If it makes a difference, in both cases I turned them down whenever they asked me out because they had a girlfriend, and then they ended the relationship without asking or telling me about it so that I would go out with them.
>>
>>18132519
You're an opportunist seeking validation by rubbing it in the faces of online autists.

Either that or you are voyeuristically and vicariously living out the fantasies of a pretend life online in an autistic image board.
>>
>>18132624
Are you really this hot?
>>
>>18132628
I would be lying if I said appearances didn't play a role, but what made them fall in love with me enough to dump their girlfriends probably has more to do with the fact that I enjoy connecting with people on a deep level. I can have anyone give me their life story within an hour of meeting them... and, in the case of my two exes, one of them literally did. (Note that this doesn't contradict my fear of intimacy. Being vulnerable is scary, but having a heart-to-heart with someone is not the same as being in a relationship with them.)
>>
>>18132519
Stop leading them on. Stop making them think they have a chance.
>>
File: IMG_4578.jpg (60KB, 416x416px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4578.jpg
60KB, 416x416px
>>18132519
ugly roaster,
dumb as can be
nobody told her
roasties get out
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>18132519

Are these people you've met in real life, or people you've met through the Internet (which developed into a real life thing)?
>>
>>18132519

By raising your personal standards
and having some dignity.
I'm the opposite of you,
Finding out a man is taken and flirting with me, disgusts me so i will completely cut them off because they are scum for doing so.
If they're not satisfied in their relationship they should leave their partner before they're looking for another.
How can you stand talking to a man that was likely cumming inside a different girl hours before he's trying to sweet talk you?

As far as your intimacy issues, perhaps you should see a professional. Maybe you could find out why you depend on the validation of taken men you have no interest is keeping.
The way you're willing to destroy another woman's heart just to boost your ego
makes you seem extremely selfish
>>
>>18132711
>what made them fall in love with me enough to dump their girlfriends probably has more to do with the fact that I enjoy connecting with people on a deep level.

Then this is a slightly different case, but still something within your own abilities to influence.

>>18132548 This anon checking in again.

One of the things I kind of discovered while I was single and threw myself in to the casually "dating" world was that when I'd go out, meet random people, was that part of it was the flirty behavior (I flirt joke and I compliment. I do it regardless of if I'm interested or not, just my personality) but there was also something else.

One of my favorite things to do in life is to meet people and have interesting and pretty deep conversations about life with. It's incredibly interesting finding different points of view and ideologies, and learning what makes people think they way they do.

But sometimes things would escalate to levels I never expected.

I once met a girl at lunch. Was waiting for someone to come in to town and didn't have anything to do 'til then, so we hung out for a while talking.

We ended up leaving the cafe and hanging out on the beach, watching the sun set and the stars come up because my friends didn't show up until about 9.

We spent about 8 hours talking about life, relationships, our pasts, and all sorts of things.

The next day I texted her and told her it was fun hanging out, we should do it again sometime.

Her next text basically said something along the lines of:

"I'm sorry I don't know if I should because I can tell I'd fall in love with you. and I can't date you because I can't handle that right now and even if I could, I could never marry you (because of religious reasons)"

AAaaand that's part of where I realized I needed to draw lines with my behavior, because I was just intending to be friends, and this was not the first time something similar happened.

It sucks, but it's under your control.
>>
>>18132812
You have no idea how much I envy you, I wish I could control my anxiety and have the same kind of connection with people.
>>
>>18132519
You must be hot. Work that shit for a rich dude, imo, and ride the gravy train for as long as you can. Just make sure you don't find yourself out in the cold once your looks fade
>>
>>18132820
>You have no idea how much I envy you, I wish I could control my anxiety and have the same kind of connection with people.

This wasn't an inherent quality in me.

I started off socially anxious to the point where it was nigh phobic. I never had more than 1 friend at a time growing up until I was in middle school (when my friend joined a group of other friends) because that's all I felt like I could handle.

Even in high school, I would sit in the back, finish my work, and pull out a book to read to avoid having to talk to people.

I was terrified of going to restaurants and only really went with my parents because I didn't want to talk to servers to order food.

On top of that I dealt with a decade of depression (according to doctors I was hormonally disposed, but only just so, so I could opt out of medication, which I did).

But by the time I hit my senior year of highschool I got sick of being that way and decided to change.

Step by step I FORCED myself to be less shy, to be more gregarious, and to overcome my anxieties and do things I SPECIFICALLY was terrified of just so I could overcome them.

Even now I still have anxieties, but being social is no longer one of them (though I won't lie, I still sometimes have the urge to hermit in the house and have to deal sometimes, but it's more out of laziness than fear now), and it has become polished enough that even become one of my strong suits and something I truly enjoy (and that's perhaps precisely because of my history and what I overcame).

You can say you envy me, but I didn't start that way, I pain painstakingly worked my way to get to there, and it was one of my greater accomplishments.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.