[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need someone to talk to please. I was recently released from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1489381784095.jpg (10KB, 364x364px) Image search: [Google]
1489381784095.jpg
10KB, 364x364px
I need someone to talk to please.

I was recently released from prison after a 2 year + stint inside and I'm feeling hopeless and unironically considering suicide.
>>
>>18132417

No clue about what you were in for, but somehow you got a second chance of living another try to get thing done right. How's suicide going to solve such potentials.
>>
>>18132423
Don't have any potentials now.
>>
>>18132427

Do you still have two hands and 2 foots? Do you have physical handicaps?
>>
>>18132432
A physical handicap would be preferable.
>>
>>18132432
I have a colostomy bag which was the result of a fight in prison.
>>
>>18132432
I think it's pretty tough for someone so went to jail to find a job after being released.
>>
>>18132417
Have you thought about travelling and meeting new places, new people? Could be a possibility to get away from the things that are pulling you down.
>>
Why were you in jail?
>>
>>18132438
Find some local contractor or labor group, they don't give a fuck about your criminal past. Do construction with other criminals, make money. Buy shit. If you can't be happy, become a consumer! It's the next best thing.
>>
>>18132417
It really makes a big difference what you were there for. If it was violent or theft related it will be hard, but if it was drug related and you pass a drug test many companies will be fine with it.

I did interviews/hiring for a large company for a few years and often times I really liked and wanted to hire someone with a record, but it always came down to what they were in for.

Also, construction is always good too
>>
Go back to jail
>>
>>18132417
chi-mo
>>
Hm, maybe we can find you a goal that will give you hope. When I felt hopeless, short-term goals helped the most because you can see results coming in quickly. For instance, choosing a language to learn, or making fitness goals, are things you can start right away, and start to see results form in literally 2 days. It could add to your confidence, help you pass the time, and feel productive.

Regardless, best of luck OP
>>
Do you have any Hobbys you can build on? What did you do before prison?
>>
>>18132417
Felony?
>>
>>18132495
How many construction workers have colostomy bags?

OP I'm sorry to hear your situation. You might be able to get office work though. Learn some basic accounting or administration by taking some courses and go get an entry level job in either. It's simple work and I'm sure with some time you will find an employer willing to overlook the prison time.

I'm not gonna lie, you aren't in a good position. But you can still be happy. Don't throw your life away until you're absolutely sure it won't get better
>>
>>18133878
Just realised the colostomy comment could be a troll so, I would say to OP that construction would actually be the best option if you are physically capable. Honestly I'm able to go to university and I still think of going into construction because it seems like good fun and it's good pay for mostly simple work
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.