[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm burnt out on my best friend, I just don't feel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_2017-03-15-05-56-25-1.png (290KB, 360x1070px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-03-15-05-56-25-1.png
290KB, 360x1070px
I'm burnt out on my best friend, I just don't feel like talking to him anymore and he's not the first person I think of when I want to share something. We used to talk every day from morning to night, but now we can barely manage a casual conversation without fighting. This happened around the time I met new friends with similar interests, he was the only person I had a lot in common with before that. What should I do? Distance myself from him and wait for it to blow over, or make an effort? I don't want to cut him off but at the same time I don't particularly want to go back to being extremely close friends. Am I trash for losing interest in him after finding new friends?
>>
>>18132055
That happens to every person you met in high school. You realize you wouldn't be friends had it not been for public education lumping you together for years at a time. At least you didn't invite him to move in with you!
>>
dont DONT do the mistake of cutting ties with him. I highly suggest you get back to being friends because if these new friends ditch you you'll be alone. If you didn't have that one friend you'd be alone, just remember that. If you're "burnt" out, then just leave it at that. Half the shit my friends say i disagree and hate them for having that opinion, because i think they can have disgusting opinions, but i just leave it at that, change the topic and move on.

just don't fight, just go back to the old topics that got you two together
>>
>>18132263
I hope that didn't happen to you anon

>>18132280
thanks, problem is when I change the topic because I don't think arguing about an irrelevant matter is worth it he says im running away and avoiding the topic. I just don't want to fight. I'll take it casually from now on and just agree with him. Thank you for your point of view
>>
>>18132931
Yeah it did. I put up with it because I thought all friends were like that (constantly insulting, never pleased even when taken on a trip, causes drama and shit because it makes him laugh, self destructive, list goes on). I met friends that didn't stress me out to be around and haven't looked back since.
>>
>>18132055

not really. sometimes the only reason we do something is because we have nothing else to do.

its kinda like that woman who lost all that weight and realized she didn't want to be with her husband anymore. she was only with him because he was her only option when she was fat.

its a bit sad, but also a bit good to move on and find more positive experiences.

this doesn't have to invalidate all the old memories either. sometimes people just grow and change. you can't really be friends with that guy you were toddler bros wtih. too much has changed. but you can always look back fondly.
>>
>>18133109
yeah, I thought it was unfortunate because we always got along so well and it was the kind of relationship where you didn't have to put in any effort but it worked really well still, but it's not so easy going anymore. I'll accept it as a natural development, thank you

>>18133077
I'm glad you've found a new group, friends shouldn't be a headache
>>
>>18133190
That's the only reason I feel okay about this. He would do shit like bail out of a mpving car because he wanted to be taken home while we were put then he would blame us. We were just friends for almost a decade so it kinda sucks.

Seems like the problem isn't the same for you though
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.