[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>in the early 00's I was a dumb teenager that got "catfished"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Catfish.jpg (67KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
Catfish.jpg
67KB, 640x427px
>in the early 00's I was a dumb teenager that got "catfished"
>Talked to this girl for years. She would be there for me whenever shit got bad. We were romantically involved, but not tied to one another at all.
>Eventually, I pretty much force her to reveal herself. She flies across the US to see me, and she's not who she claimed to be in pictures.
>She stays with me for a couple weeks. But the damage has already been done. I tell her that I can't trust her, and she has to go back home.

Fast forward to current year.
>Have a completely different life.
>All grown up with a job, a healthy relationship, and a kid.
>Checking my normiebook one night, when I get a message from Catfish girl.
>I have no idea how she found me. I have everything set to private as far as comments and pictures. I'm more amazed than anything
>She says that she's sorry things ended up the way they did, and that she just wanted to see how I was doing. She has pictures of herself, and she looks like she has a happier life
>My girlfriend says this whole thing is kind of funny and thinks I should respond for more details about this person, to see how she turned out.

What do you think, /adv/? Should I respond? Should I ignore her? Do you have any experience with this whole "Catfishing" scenario?
>>
Dude you're so fucking far removed from the situation you have nothing to lose.
>>
No obviously she is trying to inset herself into your life again. There is a catch you ain't seeing yet. I would advise to just ignore her and go on with your life.
>>
>My girlfriend thinks I should respond for more details about this person, to see how she turned out.
Your gf gave the okay. What are you waiting for?
>>
>>18131690
This. Don't fuck with crazy, next thing you know she'll be boiling your pet rabbit in a pot.
>>
>>18131714
>>18131690
This is sort of the way I'm leaning. Like, part of me thinks it would be interesting to see how this person turned out. She was a big part of my life at one point, but that was a long time ago. There's also the possibility that I could tarnish what positive memories I have of this person.

Also, there's the delimma involving whether I should mess with crazy or not. I tend to think that it's not necessary.
>>
>>18131732

Trust me on this one. She wants something from you. Women doesn't associate with men out of the blue for no reason. She just want to make it seem innocent at first.
>>
>>18131736
What could she want from me, though?
>>
>>18131737

I have no idea. It could be any number of possible things. All I am saying is you got a nice life with a job, family and kid. Don't take any unnecessary risks to ruin what good you have out of sheer curiosity. You know what they say, curiosity killed the cat.
>>
>>18131739
Thanks, Anon. You convinced me. I'm blocking this bitch, pronto.

I'm considering just deleting normiebook all together. I don't really have a use for it anymore.
>>
>>18131744
Send her a cock pic
>>
Jesus 4chan is filled with paranoid conspiracy theorists
>>
>>18131626
"I am glad to hear you are doing well. So am I, and I have no interest in revisiting that unpleasant past experience. Have a good life and leave me to have mine."
>>
>>18131744
I think you should go for it. Keep your distance but go for it. It seems like she just wants to catch up to an old friend. If there is some ulterior motive, you can always block later. What damage can she do as long as you don't meet up?

I don't think you should be so cynical towards friends of the past.
>>
>>18133389
"Go for it" as in check up on how things are going and then promptly move on.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.