[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm studying CS, even while I don't hate it, I find

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

File: 148884062099.jpg (30KB, 412x430px) Image search: [Google]
148884062099.jpg
30KB, 412x430px
I'm studying CS, even while I don't hate it, I find it boring.

One of my main concern is the lack of girls of my major.

Because of those two reasons, I want to switch my major to literature, I think I would enjoy more to read about grammar than boring autistic shit like discrete math, also the fact that literature is 70% girls.

Should I switch?

Or simply I should stay in CS and take a lot of literature classes?

My biggest fear is the diference of pay between a CS grad and a literature one.
>>
File: wide shot_00342.png (744KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
wide shot_00342.png
744KB, 960x540px
>>18131336

>basing your entire life direction on how many girls will be in class
>>
File: 1393121311879.gif (122KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1393121311879.gif
122KB, 250x250px
>>18131336
Jesus christ are you serious?
First off, don't change your major due to the gender distribution you fucking idiot. Major in something you're interested in.
As I've stated before, don't be in a major involving a subject you aren't interested in. If you think you'd be more suitable in a different major, then change your fucking major. Asking if you should switch from a subject you find boring to a subject you find interesting, what do you think the answer is?
How did you even get accepted into a college?
I bet it's a meme college with a 70% acceptance rate or something.
>>
So you want to switch your field for girls huh? You beta stupid piece of shit. I hope you get penis cancer for being such an idiot. How could your happiness lie in such a stupid thing for just kill your self cuz those girls will never like u.
>>
>>18131344
No nigger, it doesn't matter if I find literature more interesting.

It's the fact nobody hires literature people beyond being a shitty shakespeare professor in the middle of detroit.

good luck making money off literature and poetry today.
>>
>>18131336
There's still plenty of girls at my school's cs program(20% is still enough). Most guys are too beta to talk to them anyway.
>>
>>18131336

>OP working retail 5 years from now
>yeah dude, totally worth it. Spent 10k on my western literature analysis degree
>best part was the classes were LOADED with hot chicks
>>
File: 1378387404200.gif (400KB, 488x519px) Image search: [Google]
1378387404200.gif
400KB, 488x519px
>>18131349
I have a literature professor right now that just graduated and is teaching classes for an above average salary.
If you're only going to major in a job because of the money why not do business? It's easy, there's women and you don't have to spend countless hours on harder projects in the future.
Jesus I'm genuinely pissed. I hate these meme kids that major in CompSci or CompE because of the money.
It does fucking matter if you find literature more interesting you dense fucking retard. Are you seriously going to spend all of this money and time in a field you find boring to make money (which will take hours of your day, and likely overtime as well since most compsci grads I know put in serious work.) rather than spend time in a field you're interested in?

Also, how the fuck do you know that nobody hires literature people? Knowing how fucking dense you've been about life involving jobs and how you're a compsci money meme kid makes me think you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about and saying "but there are no jobs" is absolute bullshit considering someone, somewhere, needs someone with a lit degree.
And fuck, if they don't, major in something that incorporates literature that IS more "in demand."
>>
>>18131368
I don't live in the mexico of the first world.

such a shame education isn't free in burgerland.
>>
>>18131373
name a job in literature that isn't being a high school teacher or a teacher in general and I'll appreciate it more.
>>
File: 1378388039350s.jpg (3KB, 93x125px) Image search: [Google]
1378388039350s.jpg
3KB, 93x125px
>>18131373
I should add that I'm a Computer Engineering major and after 3 years most of the people with the same mentality as you drop the major after the second year. Once the weed out classes kick in and harder shit starts coming their way they fucking book it. Those who do stay are miserable and can't be bothered to study since they don't find the material interesting. The reason I'm so pissed is because I tutor people like you constantly and it blows my fucking mind they're still in the program.
>>
>>18131336
Firstly, you can and should meet girls outside of class/school.
Secondly, literature majors analyze literary work. They don't check or study grammar all day.
Thirdly, have you looked at any English grammar rules? If anything, that shit is more autistic than discrete math because at least math doesn't have 1000+ special cases.
Finally, pick a major that balances your interests and future financial goals. If you want to do lit, plan around and accept lower starting pay.
>>
>>18131378
>>18131379
I repeat, I would switch to literature, but I am afraid the only jobs there is for that degree are teaching and I'm not into that.
>>
>>18131381

then dont switch to literature.
>>
>>18131384
I would love to be a writer, but I am afraid that wont pay the bills.

sorry, but I am being realistic.
>>
>>18131378
In OP's defence most people will not love their jobs anyway. I wanted to be a game artist but when I realized I wouldn't be good enough I picked compsci as well. I have family who does it and it's somewhat cool. It's easy telling other people to do what they like, but financial security is pretty damned important.
>>
>>18131386

I agree, thats why I said DONT switch to literature. worst case scenario you can minor in literature and write on the side.

how many books have you written thus far?
>>
File: 1403665857354.gif (1MB, 533x295px) Image search: [Google]
1403665857354.gif
1MB, 533x295px
>>18131377
Sales Account Manager
IT Project Manager
Media/news
Journalism
PR
Reviewing for games/tv shows/etc
Publishing industry
Higher level academia (My lit professor making a good bit of money, for example)
Marketing and business
Law
Proposal Manager
Human Resources Generalist
Managing Editor
Technical Writer
Marketing
Copywriting
Sales
Social Media Manager
Consultant
Paid for research by college
Anthropology
Translation
Social Worker
Proofreader for published literature
Foreign Service Officer
playwright
Become a fucking author?
consultant

Fuck off, cunt.
>>
>>18131390
that's why I want to switch to literature anon, I would love to use that chance to become a good writer, but it seems too risky.
>>
>>18131393
thanks anon from the depths of my hearth.
>>
>>18131393
I'd like to say again that you don't need to directly go into english/literature as a major.
How about, instead of going for the meme major like every other fucking failure I've met, you major in something that can incorporate what you enjoy (literature) with a field that is high paying and/or more sustainable? It's really not that hard to think about.
>>
>>18131398
that would require real effort from OP part.
>>
>>18131394

i agree, thats why i said DONT switch to literature anon.

the truth is if you havent even bothered to write a book without a class, a class isn't going to push you to do it.

by the time i was in highschool I'd already written two novels. they were nothing exceptionally long or special, but it proved i wanted to write. my best friend finished her first trilogy (and these ones WERE long) before college.

in that time we also produced our own animated web series, wrote a 6 episode radio play (only produced two episodes because of voice actor conflicts) wrote 5 of 6 episodes for a mini series (hour long TV format) and dozens of other pilots and short form stories.

the point im making here is if you really wanted to do this at all, you would have already done it. you don't want ot be a writer, you just like the idea of being a writer, the thought of sipping coacoa while sitting at a computer on a rainy day.

not pulling your hair out because you can't figure out how to pump up your second act at 3am when you gotta be to work in 4 hours.
>>
>>18131407

and yet OP can't even imagine doing it without a full college course.
>>
>>18131403
I've been doing some small writings since I was a kid, I wrote a 200 page story when I was like 18.

but nothing too serious, more like a small hobby.
>>
>>18131415

assuming you used a real font size, then 200 page falls under a novel.

there you go. pick a REAL degree for your major, and fill up your electives with writing shit.

plus you'll still get girls in those (which by the way is the most retarded part of this thread)
>>
>>18131336
You can hardly do anything with a Lit. degree
>>
>>18131468

well, you can do your mom.
>>
>>18131336
discrete math is tough, but its fun if you understand it. try to do a couple hrs in tutoring a day
>>
>>18131336
>One of my main concern is the lack of girls of my major.
Doesn't matter what you do, your fucked up priorities will mean you fail at life either way.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.