[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>look up literally any person I consider successful and accomplished

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: 1476054399999.png (440KB, 645x1260px) Image search: [Google]
1476054399999.png
440KB, 645x1260px
>look up literally any person I consider successful and accomplished in any field
>said person has physicians as parents
>went into Ivy-league school immediately after graduating high school

I'm fucked, aren't I?

Years critical to developing my brain capacity has passed, I am permanently behind. To hell with money (beyond true poverty), a good upbringing is what's truly decisive. I was never stimulated or challenged as a child and had nobody to look up to. I had no idea what to do after graduating and here I am failing an engineering degree and lacking basic life skills...

I'll try to put a constructive spin on this thread: if you know of any examples to the contrary, of people achieving greatness, not just material but intellectual, after years of mediocracy, please share.
>>
>>18131263
i'm just going to throw myself in this "achieving greatness" category because i reached my goal and dreams as a professional artist. i work at a billionaire tech company and it's pretty damn cushy.

my parents were too busy fighting with each other about money to give a shit about their kids beyond feeding them and making sure they go to school. we were always lacking in finance. both parents discouraged me from pursuing art and went so far as to eliminate any blank papers in the house, so i had nothing but my lined papers and the back of notes. even my art teachers would shake their heads at me. i was a loser and had no friends but i just kept drawing my stupid anime shits, meanwhile trying to pursue an english degree because i was no good at anything else.

one day i decided not to listen to anyone but myself anymore and i went out and done what everyone told me was near impossible. at 18 years old after failing to get into the college i wanted twice, i improved my artwork tenfold in a single year and got into that college i wanted so badly. also got my current job right after grad.

i'm pretty damn happy with myself and have little sympathy for people who think success is only possible if they've been spoon-fed with the resources. especially after seeing how the rich kids who got into my college because of daddy's dime is now "soul searching" in europe (again with their parents' credit card) with zero skills acquired.
>>
File: 1487045908574.jpg (664KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1487045908574.jpg
664KB, 1600x1200px
>>18131263
to be fair I'm pretty sure you're still fully capable of learning and becoming "more intelligent"
If you're lacking life skills, learn them. Experience life. If you are failing at your engineering degree but you actually WANT it then you need to study and put in the work. You want to know how those super successful people got into yale/harvard/mit? Sure, many of them probably had an above average IQ and were considered intelligent, but I assure you that they put in work. I go to caltech for computer engineering and I assure you all of the bright individuals I've met here put in an unbelievable amount of work. You are at the same spot I was in when I first entered uni.
I thought I didn't deserve to be there, I didn't have a great upbringing (very bad actually) and I thought a big reason I got in was due to luck and my essay on why I should get in. Eventually I worked out, went on a proper diet, learned how to socialize, got out of my comfort zone and studied a shit ton. Trust me, you're more than capable of achieving great things, but you need to work for it.
>>
This is going to sound like a cop-out, but my experience overrules it. I have authority when I say this.

The absolute truth in the world is that you don't want to be "successful"

Not only have I been "successful", but every person I've rubbed shoulders with along the way, from the bottom to the top, is absolutely miserable. Curiously, the ones at the top are the most miserable.

I grew up ridiculously poor with parents who forced me down a path, but I have a diehard will and worked my way up in the songwriting business instead. I have made enough money to where I could have anything I want, and could spend money however I wanted without even thinking about it. It changes nothing. By that I mean, you feel exactly the same as you do when you're trying to get there. So all you're left with is way, way, way more responsibility, more people who want to manipulate you, but you are still the exact same person. This will make you insane.

I wish I could hand you my experiences, but since all I can do is tell you:

Coming away from "success" you realize that chasing anything, and I mean anything, is a complete waste of time. So what is the purpose? What do you do then? This was thoroughly answered for me through prayer. It may sound nutty, but it's true.

If you can find the truth, you will see right through all of this "success" stuff and find true freedom and joy. Success is just a longer way to spell slavery.
>>
File: 1380508286657.gif (1002KB, 325x210px) Image search: [Google]
1380508286657.gif
1002KB, 325x210px
>>18131324
give me money lol college debt is insane I won't manipulate you for money if you give me some
>>
>>18131263
> any person I consider successful

>>18131324
>The absolute truth in the world is that you don't want to be "successful"

Basically you fuckers have retarded ideas of what successful is fed to you by people who are miserable.

Here's a hint, many self paid people make much more doing far less than "credentialed" white collar workers.
>>
>>18131263

you're joking right? steve jobs, not only didnt have a doc dad, but was adopted and dropped out of his NOT ivy league school.

michael bay, the director, his dad was a CPA, liberal arts college.

bill gates, not a doctor for a dad, went to harvard, but dropped out.

really op
>>
>>18131263

>Im a lazy neet faggot who isnt happy
>rather than attempt to suffer and better myself I'll just blame it on my upbringing

OP is the same kind of guy who rage quits doing something because he isn't a master at it the first time he attempts it.
>>
>>18131372

>B-B-BUT DOCTOR DADS!
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.