[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Might be breaking up with my bf today, lads. It's not like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 2172425038_0ee8560043.jpg (14KB, 221x246px) Image search: [Google]
2172425038_0ee8560043.jpg
14KB, 221x246px
Might be breaking up with my bf today, lads. It's not like I hate him, and in fact I'd still like to be friends if possible, but it's just not working out emotionally. I'm a wreck and he seems to think he can fix it with cold answers and by telling me to not be upset. What do
>>
I'm on the other end of a situation like this. My gf is always in a emotional wreck about something. It's become very draining dating her. Feels like I'm in relationship with a child. Best would prolly be to talk to him, tell him how you feel. If you're not happy and a emotional burden then chances are he's not happy either.
>>
>dude gets demoted to friendzone for not providing the tingles

You don't need advice for anything, because you're not doing anything of value. Send us his closest homeboy so we can advise that dude on helping your ex line up his next lay.
>>
>I'm a wreck and he seems to think he can fix it with cold answers and by telling me to not be upset
That not good enough for you? What do you expect him to do? Get into your mind and magically erase your mental mess?
I can tell you you won't be happy with the next guy either.
>>
Prince Charming doesn't exist, no one will try to fix the mess that is your life.
>>
>>18130197
Thanks for being a complete asshole, I really need that. I meant that I need more than just "K" or "oh" when I try to tell him how therapy went and things like that
>>
Guys are supposed to tell you to stop being upset, they're not supposed to step into your beartrap while you anchor him in place all night long and tell him that every single one of his proposed solutions is completely impossible. Stop dating.
>>
Does he ever vent, though? Everybody has their troubles, some people just keep it to themselves, probably for different reasons but I do it because I don't wish to burden others. Unless they ask of course, I'll share.

Point being that if we are to divide people into two camps--those who take initiative to unload emotionally, and those who don't--one of each in a relationship rarely works in my experience, since one is inevitably going to end up having to deal with more than their fair share of shit.

If you're going to push your "mess" on him, you owe it to him to invite him to do the same.
>>
>>18130222
how about telling him this
>>
Also this: >>18130211.

Get your shit together. Therapy is a useful tool, not exclusively for the clinically ill.
>>
>>18130263
This will absolutely never be balanced.

Women's bitching is like men's stench. Both sides must learn to limit their own, and for the same reason.
>>
>>18130264
>>18130222
This. Maybe before breaking it off, try sitting him down, or perhaps ask your therapist if you can bring him in with you for your next appointment and tell him that your mental health is important to you and that you feel bad when he gives you distant replies.
>>
>>18130267
It doesn't necessarily have to be balanced, but it has to be a two-way street. For me the fact that I knew my then girlfriend would listen if I ever did have something on my mind was enough to make helping her deal with her mental issues feel less like a chore.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.