[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is learning PUA (pick up artistry) worth it? >inb4 just b

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: 1488521602000.png (373KB, 540x684px) Image search: [Google]
1488521602000.png
373KB, 540x684px
Is learning PUA (pick up artistry) worth it?

>inb4 just b urself
Even approaching random people is a contradiction to "being myself". Clearly, just being myself is not working and I need to consciously act differently.
>>
>>18130094
Are you after quick lays or a relationship?
PUA methods are a numbers game, if you try is on enough women you'll get enough lays

But it's disgusting and gross, many women will see you as scum for trying it and most of the time it comes off like a highschool reading out a skit or something. You can't build a relationship on it.

You're better off just developing an attractive passion, like volunteering with animals or something
>>
>>18130136
This desu.
"""PuA""" is just having no shame and harassing people until you find a slut dumb amd desperate enough to fuck you.
>>
what do you want a dumb floozy to fuck for?

just continue to stay in your room watching anime and fapping to catgirls(male), much more satisfying
>>
PUA shit doesn't work. The people who practice PUA and have success only have it because they were hot to begin with.
>>
>>18130136
are strong powerful ladies attracted to compassionate, feminine guys who volunteer at a local senior cat shelter

just hypothetically
>>
>>18130094

Why approach random people? Don't you have friends to flirt with and shit?
>>
>>18130212
I'm a low test 5'9 guy and I attract mainly women who are like same height or 1-2 inches smaller and usually are what you'd call strong women. I'm not what you'd call manly. But I do muay thai and lift so I look moderately athletic.
It's alright that you're feminine buz do something less faggy
>>
>>18130241
what the fuck is faggy about loving cats you bitch
>>
>>18130245
...Said the cat lover faggot to the muay thai fighter. Nah I'm kidding.
Maybe faggy is the wrong word to describe it. Maybe "not that manly". I mean. Nothing wrong with cats though. But when you as an effeminate man told people you care about cats or when you told them you enjoy biking and climbing it makes a big difference in how people perceive it
>>
Chapter 1 of every PUA book ever: stop being a fat slob.

Chapter 2 of every PUA book ever: work on your conversational skills.

Saved you a click.
>>
>>18130271
i think i get what you mean but i never want anyone to describe me as "manly" so there you go
>>
>>18130287
But I'm an effeminate guy too and attract the women you want. They certainly like the fact that I'm not physically fragile and have a "manly" passion. So those are my two cents for answering your question
>>
>>18130294
well there's nothing quite like results, so i appreciate it anon
>>
>>18130212
>compassionate
I guess
>feminine
Hard No
>cat shelter
Yes.
>>
I read a lot of it when I was younger. I don't use it in the sense of me approaching a million girls in a park but I find myself using some of the concepts without thinking about it consciously.

Read the book Models by mark
>>
>>18130305
are you speaking as an authority on this matter or out your ass?
>>
>>18130094
Its 2017 bro.

>don't be fat
>get on tinder
>don't be a bitch and try for everything about a 5/10

If you want legit "lifestyle' changes to be a manwhore go look up "good looking loser." The concept of "screening" aka looking for the girls you want (be it the ones dtf, or the future wifey) is life changing. The concept of "the real 9/10 male vs the 9999/10000 male" is another life changer.
>>
>>18130094

not really. if not even approaching people is a contradiction to your self, then learning PUA will just make you bitter,
>>
For the record, being yourself is not bad advice but typically interpreted in a too extreme/superficial way.
What people mean is stuff like
>be true to what you find important
>elaborate on what naturally comes easy to you/what your natural strong points are
>don't lose your self respect/boundaries out of sight to bend over backwards to please a woman
>allow people to get to know you as opposed to putting on an actual persona

Not
>cherish everything about how you are and never change a thing whether positive or negative

Either way, PUA is pretty lame. For one thing, if you think it's difficult to be yourself, acting smoother and cockier than you are while also trying to act natural and casual is real fucking hard. This shit looks autistic in real life more often than not.
Furthermore, it forges an extremely negative, cynical outlook where everyone is only trying to fuck each other over. (Encouraging you to ignore your human empathy when a girl shows discomfort, and to prey on other people by hitting their psychological reflexes.) You can NOT suddenly snap out of that if you've gone all under and expect to wake up as a happy, trusting human being. If you spend years learning how to crack people's code and treating them like pawns it's hard to believe that others are not constantly out to get you in turn.

I'm not against studying PUA techniques and seeing what you get out of it/what speaks to you based on experience. But you enter a very compelling subculture and most timid young guys don't have the back bone to just pick single elements out of it, they get brainwashed into adapting the entire world view down to the details.
>>
>>18130330

pretty much this.

being yourself is a broad stroke. it means that if you don't like going to clubs, don't go to clubs.

but if you will refuse to go out anywhere and talk to anyone, thats not being yourself, thats just being shy, or worse, being closed minded.
>>
Op read about the kino ladder and push pull and you'll have the best of the entire community
>>
>>18130212
Swoon
>>
Femanon here. I think there's some good stuff to be found in PUA (starting conversations, "kino escalation", confidence, etc) but the community is toxic and the terminology is an eyeroll.

If you need help learning how to approach people, by all means adopt *some* PUA methods. Just don't buy into the mentality that girls are HB8 or need to be "negged" or that you should fuck as many people as possible.
>>
I was in that scene for a while, had fun and found my now steady girlfriend "daygaming" as it were.
Look up Wayne Elise's ebook. It's the nicest and least autistic material as far as I'm concerned. Reason is that he isn't building a cult of returning consumers like RSD and others.
Or you could hit up tinder like a normal person. I personally am not a fan of it, but many people are.
>>
>>18130457

Go for it OP she's basically giving it her stamp of approval. She's mad that some scummy dudes have learned to play women like a game and finds some of their talk offensive, but she agreed that it works, which is most important.
>>
I think depending on who you are, PUA shit can work or set you very far back. I've seen friends of mine completely ruin any slim chance they had of getting laid by doing weird PUA shit to girls in our friend group. If you must do this shit, make sure you quarantine it from people you know. Which I guess should be fine considering it's all about fucking strangers.
>>
File: IMG_0783.jpg (57KB, 617x937px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0783.jpg
57KB, 617x937px
Everything you have been taught about women has been a lie. Everything from their "sensitivity", desire for "kindness", to their supposed "romantic" tendencies. It's bullshit.

Women are the result of millions of years of evolution. And in that time they have evolved a dual mating strategy. When a woman is ovulating she's sexually attracted to what we will call "Alphas". The alpha is a strong, confident, untrustworthy, cocky, charismatic, aggressive, promiscuous, manipulative, cool, often cruel but above all else dominant specimen. The alpha male has his pick of women and beta males fear, admire, respect, and envy him. On the genetic level alpha males typically have higher testosterone levels which lead to drastically higher mating success. As a result alphas have very low paternal investment in their children due to having so many of them in nature. To counteract this, women are attracted moreso by beta behaviors (agreeableness, gentleness, willingness to share, loyalty to mate, etc). So she will seek out a beta to care for her and her brood.

As civilization rose it was noticed that single men become frustrated and erratic when denied sex for prolonged periods. To maintain social cohesion, each man was given a woman who would be his exclusive mate. This worked relatively well until the advent of the birth control pill and the subsequent sexual revolution. Now, with fears of single motherhood and poverty a thing of the past women are free to mate with alpha males and leave beta males single until they lose their looks and settle for a provider who is grateful to have a woman.

The key to success for the average beta is to mimic the behaviors of alpha males until they come naturally.
>>
>>18130774

> Pseudo-Science The Post

The answer is sex bots and virtual reality btw.
>>
File: IMG_0120.jpg (22KB, 249x249px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0120.jpg
22KB, 249x249px
>>18130785
>Human behavior is not the result of measurable biological processes
>>
>>18130799

> Confuses soft sciences like psychology and sociology with hard sciences like biology
> Starts with conclusion and extrapolates a potential biological explanation to fit the hypothesis with no scientific rigor
> Does not post any facts to support conclusions
>>
File: 1489523588229.jpg (35KB, 467x400px) Image search: [Google]
1489523588229.jpg
35KB, 467x400px
>>18130094
>((Mystery))
>((Style))
>((Ross Jeffries))
Poison.
>>
>>18130094
Persistence is key. Just keep pursuing. Be yourself, don't be yourself, whatever. Just keep pushing through.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.