[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been given an offer to do PhD. Truth be told I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

I've been given an offer to do PhD. Truth be told I'm a little scared of what it entails. But I'm also excited.

Has anyone here done a PhD or know someone who did? How was it like? Would you recommend it?
>>
Men with PhDs have more confidence in the bedroom.
The general consensus is that females are appreciative of men with PhDs, but not all women. I'd assume petite women and non finnicky women don't hare if a man has a PhD.
If I had a PhD I'd probably get laid more often.
>>
>>18129749
What field are you in OP? I feel like you, but I just accepted my offer. I applied to a few good programs totally expecting to get rejected and ended up getting a full ride to a good school.

I'm nervous, but as a social science major, it's not like a lucrative private sector job waiting for me. So PhD it is.
>>
>>18129909
Electrical and Electronics Engineering. Anything in particular to look out for? When do you start?

>>18129901
Well you can still get one. Send your applications out.
>>
>>18130170
I think he means pretty huge dick dude.
>>
>>18130172
Yea but he can still get a PhD if he didn't have the other one.
>>
EE PhD

Do you have time to think this over?

Take your time, and spend it on developing a side business or getting a realjob even if it's only for a year.

The last thing the world needs is more kids with titles of nobility written on paper, and not a damn thing else. If you regret something other than biting off more than you can chew, then it will probably be this.
>>
>>18130183
>Do you have time to think this over?
That's the thing. I actually don't. They want me to join the April intake.

>The last thing the world needs is more kids with titles of nobility written on paper, and not a damn thing else. If you regret something other than biting off more than you can chew, then it will probably be this.
What do you mean by this? Please elaborate.
>>
>>18130183
this is a dumb attitude and it's not our problem that you don't value education
>>
Just do it. If you don't like it, drop out and keep it on your resume. Can't lose this way.
>>
>>18130439
He never did explain what he meant too.

>>18130519
I see. Thanks man.
>>
>>18130179
>>18130170

I was meaning pretty huge dick, but thanks for having faith in my ability to get a phd (I dropped out of college my junior year)
>>
File: 1378845654109s.jpg (3KB, 122x124px) Image search: [Google]
1378845654109s.jpg
3KB, 122x124px
>>18131316
why
>>
>>18131334

Was paranoid professors were aiming comments and actions at me and that I was going to get btfo by students in gangs. I am schizophrenic and three months after dropping out I had my first breakdown and subsequent mental hospital stay.
>>
File: 1392606827121s.jpg (2KB, 125x89px) Image search: [Google]
1392606827121s.jpg
2KB, 125x89px
>>18131361
god damn that sucks bro.
Best of luck in life
>>
>>18131361

Plus, I am very autistic. Too autistic for a regular university almost.

First for Sperg U
>>
>>18129901
This is my excuse too.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.