[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

At what point do suicidal thoughts become a problem? I know everybody

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1442946878724.jpg (242KB, 880x1154px) Image search: [Google]
1442946878724.jpg
242KB, 880x1154px
At what point do suicidal thoughts become a problem? I know everybody has them so I want to know if I should watch myself.
>>
When you consider acting them on them.

From a clinical psychology perspective, that is when a subject escalates from standard depressive to potentially requiring significant intervention.
>>
When you start seriously considering to act and when the general apathy prevents you from doing things
>>
>>18129668
Well obviously you consider acting on them if you have those thoughts, no?

I mean, let me put it this way, the only reason I'm worried is because I don't want to upset the few people that would care.
>>
>>18129677

There is a significant difference between:

"Man I feel like shit today, fuck it'd be so much easier to be dead right now"

and

"Today I'm going to research methods for suicide, and figure out which one is the best for me, maybe I'll even go purchase the items/tools necessary".

One is thinking about suicide, the other is acting on suicidal urges and setting yourself up for suicide.

Suicide is selfish, don't ruin the lives of the people that DO care about you. Not to mention you'll be on this earth for another 70+ years, you have plenty of time to get your life sorted out and experience everything you think you're missing out on.
>>
it's not normal to think about killing yourself every day
I used to visualize my corpse a lot
Recently went back on medication and haven't thought about it
>>
>>18129687
While I agree with your post I don't agree with your definition of suicide being selfish. Suicide is trying to make the pain go away and believing that our loved ones would be better off without us burdening them. In a suicidal person's mind, it's the ultimate act of release and unselfishness.

>>18129661
Op it's not normal to think about suicide daily. If you're feeling suicidal talk with friends and family about this. Don't allow it to escalate further and don't allow anyone to tell you you're stupid for talking about it. Talking about our thoughts gets us outside of our ruminating thoughts and grounds us in reality.
>>
>>18129661
I "think" about suicide somewhat frequently, but I recently realized that I'm not really suicidal because I'm still attached to material things. If I was really suicidal I wouldn't mind the idea of all my things being burned in a bonfire. Something to think about maybe.
>>
>>18129661

When you move on from thinking to considering. Thinking about dying or thinking about suicide isn't that alarming, but if it gets to the point where you make plans or start to think about actually committing suicide, then consider seeking help. At least, that's the point when I sought professional help a few years ago. Now I'm "better" and have gone back to just thinking about suicide which feels sorta safe, unlike actually considering it.
>>
>>18129687
>Guilt-trip someone with suicidal thoughts

That aside, it depends on what kind of suicidal thoughts you're experiencing. If your suicidal thoughts have been triggered by a recent event then I would seek help as soon as you start researching methodology. This is the most dangerous time for most people, and once they get past it they're generally fine.
But I suspect that this is not an acute case and you think about suicide frequently, all the time, like background noise in your daily life. If you're experiencing chronic suicidal ideation, then it's never going to not be a problem but it's going to be infrequently serious. The severity of the thoughts will wax and wane and in your worst moments I would suggest you get used to having someone to talk. Not necessarily about the thoughts, but just someone to be with and hang-out and remind you that you're not alone. I've thought about suicide daily or on a near-daily basis for nearly a decade and it kind of sucks but you learn to live with it. When I feel a bad swing coming on I drive out to my sister's house, get smashed, and either cry my eyes out or sit at the table in silence all night. But no matter what you're doing, it really helps to not be physically alone in those moments.
>>
>>18129661
if those thoughts come through. you need to interject with a "I am NEVER going to kill myself, no matter how bad it seems or is. I take the pain and pull through." Pull through, make necessary changes so you can be happy. Then things will get better, you might not see it immediately or in the near future, have faith. Pull through.

The thoughts will come. Again, interject with a "I will never kill myself" very firmly.
>>
>>18129661
You need faith and to make positive life building changes to your life.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.