[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I migrated from an EU country to England five years ago this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2449.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2449.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
So I migrated from an EU country to England five years ago this coming November.

I've been to college for three years, and worked for most of the part, but not enough to really save any money.

The plan was to get a student funding loan to finance uni while working part time, then get a British nationality and go for a bursary or other form of help to actually be able to focus on my studies.

Turns out this can't be done as I'd be starting my degree as a working immigrant, and therefore my condition wouldn't change even if I became "British".

I could wait for another couple of years and lose my current place with my uni of choice, quit on organized education and do what I can in my own time, or go through three or more years of unrealistic schedules and debt.

Has anyone been in a similar situation before? What happens when I cancel an already accepted place in uni? Any ideas on alternative options? There isn't anything for me at home; neither jobs, or education, or financial help from my family.
>>
File: IMG_2629.jpg (359KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2629.jpg
359KB, 1920x1080px
Were it to be of any help, I'm studying animation, and I'll turn 22 this year.
>>
>>18129169
Your best bet is to find some other way to finance your education.

Failing that, don't just be a no-show at the uni. Talk to them about a delayed admission - they may hold the spot open for you for a year or more, during which you can work and save like mad.
>>
>From an EU country
>To England

Should we tell him?

Also join the military, easy way to pay for school, depending on the country. Which country did you come from?
>>
Are you an EU citizen? You should be able to stay and work in the UK no problem. Even after the UK is fully out of the EU afaik. I've looked into immigrating to the UK before and all the information on their websites say stuff like "if you applied before x date this does not apply to you". You follow the rules of when you started. I'd contact an immigration lawyer to be sure though, they know all this kind of stuff and how to handle it in much greater detail than I do.
>>
>>18129327
Spain.
My mother was in the armythere, can't really say it was a good way for her to pay for anything.
>>
Why do you even want to do a degree in England? Just do one for a fraction of the price in another EU country. Even Scotland and Ireland do them much cheaper.
>>
>>18129400
Because it's where I am living now, but it's not like I am massively attached to the country, this is something I have already considered.
My partner would love to go to Scotland, and I have a couple of relatives in Ireland, so those two are my main options at the time.
Considering I might lose the right to go back to the uni I applied to, would this affect my chances of getting elsewhere in or outside of the UK? Assuming Scotland is still considered the UK, of course.
>>
>>18129329
The EU isn't a country, it has no citizens.
>>
>>18129567
Being a citizen of a country that is part of the EU makes you an EU citizen.
>>
File: 1430731266869-0.png (32KB, 255x191px) Image search: [Google]
1430731266869-0.png
32KB, 255x191px
Fuck off, we're full.
>>
>>18130367
Wrong board, mate.
>>
Bump before bed
>>
Bump after bed
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.