[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys I backed into this guy's older Subaru and made

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: Screenshot_20170315-021507_1.jpg (271KB, 1000x999px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170315-021507_1.jpg
271KB, 1000x999px
Hey guys I backed into this guy's older Subaru and made a gash and a few scratches. He said we don't have to go thru insurance (thank god) and that we could work something out. How much damage in USD is this? How much should I offer?
>>
Shameless self bump

I was thinking of offering him $300 cash? Is that enough?
>>
>>18129005
generally he'll go to a body shop and get a quote, and you'll pay that amount. The advantage of this is that your premium won't go up, the disadvantage is that it will probly be more than your deductible. Also less time and hassle, generally
>>
>>18129005

its hard to tell from pics.

if you scratched thru the paint down to the metal, then generally they have to repaint the whole panel.

if you actually dented or changed the metal shape, too, then it has to be body-worked, THEN stripped and repainted.

you're probably starting closer to $500.

just let him get an estimate and see what a shop says, don't offer money until you hear.

find out what your insurance deductible is, because thats the threshold you use to decide if you will involve insurance or not.
>>
>>18129001
You don't offer. Either he gets an estimate from a body shop or just comes up with a figure himself. You accept or haggle. But don't haggle too much.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170315-152945_1.jpg (335KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170315-152945_1.jpg
335KB, 1080x1080px
>>18129089
It's an older car and the owner said he most likely wasn't going to get it fixed, and that we could settle the matter without insurance. He said I could "throw him a couple hundred dollars."

On the bottom half of the panel there is one bad scratch, down to the metal, about the size of 3-4 quarters. Then there are about 5 other scratches, that are longer and very skinny, that could probably be buffed out. The large scratch definitely needs paint or it's gonna rust.

>>18129350
It's been five days since the accident occurred and he hasn't contacted me. I haven't offered him anything, I just asked if he got an estimate for the damage yet.
I'm a poorfag college student I can't afford more than $300 right now :/
>>
>>18130499

>It's an older car and the owner said he most likely wasn't going to get it fixed, and that we could settle the matter without insurance. He said I could "throw him a couple hundred dollars.

Holy fuck if he is willing to only take a couple hundred take it, take it. You don't know how expensive this bs can get, $300 I'd be glad.
>>
>>18130504
He just said " a couple hundred"
Idk if he means $200 or $700. A couple hundred is a vague amount.

It's been five days since this happened and he still hasn't contacted me.
I just want this ordeal to be over.
He was parked directly across from the driveway I was pulling out of. Not illegal, but somewhat inconsiderate.

Any idea how much I should I expect to pay him in reparations?
>>
Auto body fag here.

Yeah that's a bad picture and the doors so dirty.....but I'm guessing that over 1k for a estimate

Don't contact him again.

If he does contact you offer him $200. And if he accepts it have him sign something stating he took 200 and Is happy
>>
>>18130558
Wow really that much for some scratches? Maybe I should become an autobody tech Hahah.
He just texted me and said he is busy and can't get an estimate until Saturday.

Why should I offer only $200 for an estimated $1k in damage? Is it because we are not going through insurance?

Thanks for the input BTW
>>
If I go through insurance will the cut him a check for cash or will he have to spend the check on repairs? This is where I would have leverage since he doesn't care too much about getting his '95 Subaru fixed but he would like to be compensated. There is no way I am going to give him more than $400 cash.
>>
>>18130558
How much do you estimate to have the two scratches that go down to the paint repaired? There is one the size of a few quarters and one the size of a nickel.
>>
The type and manner in which the scratches appear lead me to believe that when cleaned, there's more buckling damage in that panel. If I'm wrong it's still 6-800.

It's laughable how bad the picture is for judging that damage.

If you turn it in on your insurance they'll pay him directly unless he has it repaired at a "in network" shop
>>
File: Screenshot_20170315-223859_1.jpg (167KB, 924x925px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170315-223859_1.jpg
167KB, 924x925px
I just took this pic of the worst scrape. It's the largest one on the lower half of the door. It's about the size of 2-3 quarters. Sorry I know the car is salty. It's dark and I can't get a great pic.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.