[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

On second date with girl. She suggested we go to the movies or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: waterfox_2017-02-20_08-20-27.png (54KB, 178x206px) Image search: [Google]
waterfox_2017-02-20_08-20-27.png
54KB, 178x206px
On second date with girl. She suggested we go to the movies or go to dinner. I was always taught that as a newly dating couple movies was a horrible idea. What do you guys think? I'm thinking dinner, but I'd like input.
>>
There is nothing wrong with a movie date as long as you pair it with something like lunch or dinner.
>>
File: 1476832995314.jpg (52KB, 540x536px) Image search: [Google]
1476832995314.jpg
52KB, 540x536px
Movie dates suck by themselves, but not if you go do something afterwards where you can use the movie you just saw as a topic of discussion. Go get some food.

I've been on a couple movie dates, and on both occasions (different women) we went to go grab a smoothie or some cheap Chinese food after the movie. Also, make sure you either watch a really good movie, or a laughably bad one so that you'll have much to talk about.
>>
OP here. Thanks so far. Would John Wick 2 be a good pick? Just so she knows the kind of shit I'm into and I can actually talk about it.
>>
>>18129021
No, probably not.
>>
>>18129021
Why don't you see something she wants to see?

If someone brought me to see John Wick, I'm not sure they'd be getting a second date.
>>
>>18129021
God no, let her pick the movie. You're not going to get another date if you make her sit through something she doesn't want to watch
>>
>>18129027
>>18129029
>>18129030
>having such shit taste
Okay, okay, you're being helpful. But I'm picking the food.
>>
>>18129035
>But I'm picking the food.
It's almost like you don't want her to go out with you again.

You ask her if she has ideas about what she wants to see and eat, and if she doesn't know THEN you pick.
>>
File: 1326652584790.jpg (35KB, 170x213px) Image search: [Google]
1326652584790.jpg
35KB, 170x213px
>>18129027
>>18129029
>>18129030
>>
>>18129035
Food should be something you both agree on. Picking the restaurant is fine so long as it's some sort of food you know she likes.
>>
>>18129035
I'd also let her pick the food unless she explicitly told me to pick. Then I would list off options and ask her to pick what she prefers from that.
>>
File: 1393705370194.gif (1024KB, 184x141px) Image search: [Google]
1393705370194.gif
1024KB, 184x141px
>>18129039
Damnit anon, now I have to double post
>>
>>18129039
And you're operating from the assumption she's my only option and I'm into bending over backwards for anybody. Come on now.
>>18129041
This is a little less soft in the head.
>>
>>18129046
>And you're operating from the assumption she's my only option and I'm into bending over backwards for anybody. Come on now.
Well you're asking us for advice so you can't be doing that great.
>>
>>18129046
Being accommodating towards someone else and wanting them to enjoy the evening is not "bending over backwards," you lunk.

Don't make someone sit through a 2 hour movie they don't want to see by forcing your shit taste on them. Don't make them eat Indian food or starve if they don't like indian food.

Your best option is discussing what movie you both want to see and discussing which food you want to eat. If you can't agree on anything, you should defer to her though, assuming you want another date.
>>
>>18129047
Yeah, asking for advice on whether a movie for a second date is ass which I got.
>>
>>18129052
Then you asked if John Wick was a good choice.

Which was an obvious no. That's a rung above Human Centipede.
>>
>>18129052
You clearly asked whether it's a good idea or not because you want to keep dating her. Whether or not it's a good idea means jack shit if you're going to fuck up the date in other ways and we're giving you advice to avoid that, you moron.
>>
>>18129046
>And you're operating from the assumption she's my only option
Dude just cooperate with her. Both of you want the same thing but probably through different ways.
You have to compromise with her so that you can both be as happy as you can at the same time.

Or you could just always pump n dump her.
>>
>>18129063
>Or you could just always pump n dump her.
She's not going to fuck him if he makes her sit through a two hour movie she doesn't want to see and then eat at a place that she doesn't want to go to.
>>
I would pick and decide everything myself girls are shit at anyform of decisions expect responses like "I don't know tee hee what do u think?" Or " ahhhhh u decide " be the man and lead her if she doesn't like what or pretend to like what ur into then fuck her

That being said I would avoid movies all together second date would entail a light lunch/ dinner then moving on to act 2 for a stroll around the park grab a smoothie / ice cream then finish it off with a ferris wheel ride keep leading her to new locations new things and don't ever ask permission to take her anywhere just do it and she will feel swept off her feet
>>
>>18129068
That was the first date so I'm not about to throw out some repeat stuff.
>>18129063
>pump n dump her
This is the first time I've tried NOT doing that since I got into/just left college. I'm trying to grow up a little.
>>
>>18129068
>act 2 for a stroll around the park grab a smoothie / ice cream then finish it off with a ferris wheel

lol.

wut?
>>
>>18128938
Depends on the girl. Try to plan 2 or three spots to be to feel like you did something. A girl I dated always like to go window do shopping with me at the mall or buy things at a thrift store (we were both poor at the time)

So maybe.
1. Dinner somwehere, even if you make it.
2. Explore some location, hike or walk ect.
3. ??? Depends on your personality I guess. Some girls I'd play music for, others I would read to because I like reading out loud.
>>
>>18129074
The logic still applies lead her,
girls cannot be left to organize shit

>>18129076
No ferris wheel in your city bruv ?Add nailing a chick on a ferris wheel to your bucket list
>>
>>18129080
>Reading aloud to girls
Anon you know it's illegal to fuck preschoolers?
>>
>>18129046
>assumption she's my only option
>>18128938
>anime pic
>assuming movies or eating are the only choices for dates
>treating dating differently than hanging out with a friend

All you had to do was talk to the girl. If you are purely looking for someone who enjoys doing things you like to do then say "Hey I was thinking about going to see John Wick do you want to go?" If she says no then bam move on. If you have plenty of other options then no loss. If you actually care about this specific chick then you would follow everyone's advice. When human beings want to hang out they try to do things that both of them find enjoyable.
>>
>>18129115
Kek
>>
>>18129132
Did you read the post? At all? I'd recommend you carefully reread it. You probably won't, so here's a brief summary.
>second date with girl
>she suggested a movie
>asking whether it's really a good idea
That's it. That's literally all there is. You come in here, you don't fucking read, you provide input on a situation that you clearly don't have input for and shit up this thread with your stupidity. If I haven't exactly made it clear I'm taking their advice to the point where it exits my own comfort zone but to the point where I still have respect for myself as well.
>>
>>18129147
Hmmmmmm....yeah. Femanon watching this.

I don't think a third date is going to be happening.
>>
>>18129147
You are far too volatile for a relationship
>>
>>18129150
Well, I appreciate your input. My tolerance for dumb posts isn't exactly high and when there isn't any advice or anything I can gain from it I usually react that way.
>>18129157
Not really. I don't like having a paragraph of dumb shit thrown in my face and I don't think anyone else does either.
>>
>>18129160
>My tolerance for dumb posts isn't exactly high
So stop making them...?
>>
>>18129147
Sorry anon did I hit to close to home?
You sound like a manchild.
Good luck with all of your other options.
>>
>>18129164
No.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.