[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/ need some advice :/ >be me >19 >go to uni

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

Hey /adv/ need some advice :/
>be me
>19
>go to uni last year
>drugs.jpg
>after sophomore year, leave with .77 GPA
>live at home now so not paying for anything
> make $30 an hour ( bartender)
As of right now i'm planning to enroll in nursing school this fall and get a fresh start, join the military for 5 years after getting my bs and be placed in a hospital by the time i'm 30.
However, i now have a chance to say fuck all that and do something with my life where i would love my job. I want to spend 6 months in San francisco and attend Marijuana Uni, and its 3 credits a week for 14 weeks, in which time i could bartend in SF ( and probably make more than the $30/hr i make now) and the leave all my plans behind, and start a legal grow op in MA with my best friend. we lived together for our 2 years of uni and now he's dropping out too, so while i ride out this year and save for SF, he'll work full time. I think after that time our combined capital should be good to cover the MA growers app(300) and the license (15k) along with most start up costs. I need help deciding whether or not this is viable. Would i be throwing my opportunity at a fresh start and (by societal standards) an acceptable career? now that I've dropped uni and am away from my best friend i feel like i dont want to spend the next 25-30 years working so separately from him, and we both have some horticulture experience, do you think with the added training of weed uni, that we can succeed in this business? People are gonna smoke weed as long as weed is grown. And in a state where growers permits wont even start to be available to apply for till 2018, do you think we have a chance of breaking into the dispensary supply chain?
Sorry for the long post, I'll bump with hella titties
>captcha was trees lmfaoooooo
>>
>>18128470
Do you have to have tits to make 30$/hr as a bartender? Nurses don't make a ton more than that and have 50x the stress/liability.
>>
>>18128470
I have never heard of a bartender making 30 an hour before. Its a brainless job any baffoon could do. Unless you are averaging tips in there
>>
>>18128749
Of course
>>
>>18128733
No, just an affluent area / an expensive restaurant, plus Im the only bartender for a 200 table restaurant. After making about 24ish an hour I get 10% of every waiters tips which always puts me at over 30
>>
SF is preposterously expensive to live in--minimum 1600/month for 1 room apt. Even though you will make more, you won't keep it.
>>
>>18128916
It'd be in Oakland so it's like 800-1200 for a room, I figure maybe we both go and split the room
>>
File: CtkD0N7WIAAptBC.jpg (134KB, 1081x1081px) Image search: [Google]
CtkD0N7WIAAptBC.jpg
134KB, 1081x1081px
>>18128940
You're going to commute from Oakland to San Francisco?

I live in the Bay Area, and the only people who do that kind of shit are the ones who work in jobs that make $120+/hour. They can afford the gas prices that come with commuting such distances, but you definitely cannot. You're practically going to spend at least $8-$12 per day on fuel alone.

If you take public transport, you're still going to spend an hour or two trying to get over the bridge. It's not worth it. Also, Oakland is still expensive, even though it's Oakland; it's still in the Bay Area.

Don't come to California, my man. If you decide to do so, you'll regret it after a month or two.
>>
>>18128979
No it'd be living in Oakland and probably biking to downtown Oakland where the school is. Although the commute to a job could be a problem now that I look at it
>>
>>18128979
Also, I already drive 32 miles each way to work right now, even if I commute to work it won't be all that different
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.