[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going to be homeless soon. Any advice on how to survive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 1452113284344.jpg (586KB, 1224x1224px) Image search: [Google]
1452113284344.jpg
586KB, 1224x1224px
I'm going to be homeless soon. Any advice on how to survive and not get raped?

>pic unrelated
>>
Head up, shoulders back, straight face. If you're in a rough area, show body language that says "I'll knock you out if you try to fuck around with me".

It works, at least for me.

In the mean time, try to look for a cheap cheap cheap car. Believe it or not, you could get a decades old pick up truck for $500. Its shelter and transportation.
>>
>>18127798
Girl like in pic can come live with me anytime
>>
>>18127798
I'm assuming no family to help, OP?
>>
File: Hundred_dollar_baby.jpg (30KB, 400x293px) Image search: [Google]
Hundred_dollar_baby.jpg
30KB, 400x293px
>>18127798
Get a gym membership.
>Free shower
>a place to go
>open 24 hours (or at least until night time)
>warm
>productive way to pass time
Just make sure it's a $10/month budget gym. I'm sure you can scrounge up ten bucks a month
>and not get raped
Are you a girl? That I have no advice for. I'm not a girl. Carry a knife with you for sure and don't go anywhere secluded, like an alley or parking lot. Teenagers are fucking crazy and beat up homeless people while recording it. If you're a girl, they'll likely try to rape you. It's the unfortunate truth. Humans are fucking terrible.

Stay safe, anon.
>>
Hey OP. Former homeless guy here, about to be homeless again in a week. Here's some tips and advice I can offer you based on some of my personal experience.

First and foremost, if you haven't got one already, start looking for a job. You need some sort of steady source of income to get out of this situation. I don't know your goals and/or the background of your circumstances, but start putting away as much money into a bank account as you can so you can afford a few months rent in your desired area to live.

2. Again, if you haven't got one already, purchase a car first. Register it, insure it; you're already a prime target for the police since you're homeless, the last thing you need is to be driving and sleeping in a vehicle that isn't up to legal specifications. As another anon said, it can act as a means of quicker travel, and a means of shelter for as long as you need it. Keep plenty of blankets and a couple pillows in your car at all times. I recommend purchasing a sleeping bag like I did. It's good to have these things on hand so that way you can sleep semi comfortably at night, or if it's winter where you are currently. This is gonna sound silly, but always keep a pair of jumper cables, a spare tire and jack, and a first aid kit on hand in the car. This is especially important now because you are living out of the vehicle and should anything happen regarding the battery or a tire blowing or you getting hurt, at least you can assess it right away.

3. Some of the places that I used to crash at in my car were 24 hour Walmart parking lots/fast food restaurants/gas stations, and especially highway rest stops. Highway rest areas were my preferred choice because technically it isn't illegal for you to stay a rest stop in my state, unless it's for more than 48 hours. Jump from rest stop to rest stop from time to time to draw less attention to yourself. If you're going without a car, shelters or crashing at an understanding friends house would be your best bet.
>>
>>18128452

Cont.

4. If you haven't got a steady source of income or are underemployed, apply for EBT/SNAP benefits immediately. You get priority in some states if you tell them that you're homeless, and will issue you benefits instantaneously. Try your local churches, as they also sometimes offer food banks/non perishable goods to the homeless and the poor. You need to maintain proper nutrition and keep your mind and body healthy. Make sure you get enough sleep ad stay busy throughout your day. Use your time wisely to look for/apply for jobs, apartments and housing, and to come up with a plan to get out of your current situation and ensure that it doesn't happen again.

You may also be eligible for free health coverage or health services where you live because of your situation. Go to your local library, an use their computers to look for jobs, free and or reduced health coverage/care, and places to live.

5. And as another anon said, get a gym membership. It's at most $10.00 a month, and you get free access to the gym and their shower facilities every month. You can work out to stay busy and in shape, and you can maintain your appearance and cleanliness too for less than what my water bill was every month.

Lastly, on a personal note, I sincerely hope that whatever it is you're going through is merely just a small bump in the road of a larger story. I hope that you get out of your current situation, and that you find happiness in your life, like so many others like us strive for.

If you believe you deserve better than what you're getting now, then work for it. Good luck. Stay busy, avoid drinking and drugs and self-defeating behaviors. They'll only slow you down and make it harder to succeed.

Once again, I wish you all the best m8.

- C.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.