[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I spend my twenties having fun adventures and travelling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 8c8b74385c5bb7fa2848d7e9558dceb3.jpg (359KB, 1200x686px) Image search: [Google]
8c8b74385c5bb7fa2848d7e9558dceb3.jpg
359KB, 1200x686px
Should I spend my twenties having fun adventures and travelling or building a high powered career? Which one should someone sacrifice?
>>
Since you said "high powered" go travel.
>>
>>18127627
Are you complaining about the lack of a hyphen?
>>
>>18127618

Fun and adventure. You never know when tragedy might hit and you've wasted away your prime years focusing on your bank account. When you turn 30, there will be less friends around, you might have kids, you just won't have the flexibility to leave your career behind for a couple of weeks to spend all of the money you've saved up.

My perspective is a little skewed because I've had a lot of death in my life lately, and one of the nicest guys I know is in critical condition in the hospital right now because someone was driving on the wrong side of the freeway. Life is short, and on your death bed, are you going to regret that you didn't experience more, or that you didn't spend enough time in the office filling up your bank account?
>>
>>18127635
No, I just hate traditional high powered careers.
>>
>>18127618
Have fun dude. Most of us choose career because we have no choice.
>>
>>18127677
>no choice
Why? Have you got a kid or something?
>>
>>18127618
travel
>>
I was about to say try the first because even the second one can fail but...I'm gonna say why not both?

You can fuse the two options into one though it may end in failure, the truth is both of the options by themself can end in failure but why not give it a shot
>>
I slaved in high school and in a mid level corp job. My health problems got worst and abusive mom died. I snapped. I took a buy out from my job. I have medical issues since I was a kid. I decided to take early retirement at 25. I qualified even though im young. I took the money and bought a house. After a few years im healthy and going back to work. This wouldnt been possible if I didnt have a bunch of retirement accounts to liquidate. I missed prom and spring break but I have a life. Work first and then party. My friends do petty things while I spend weeks in paris. They partied and have to catch up.
>>
>>18127973

No, life necessitates a job or career usually because of a lack of financial stability, familial pressure, or both.
>>
>>18127973
No I went to college to get a stem degree :^)
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.