[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I autistic or something /adv/? This will be largely about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1489511184016.jpg (30KB, 411x208px) Image search: [Google]
1489511184016.jpg
30KB, 411x208px
Am I autistic or something /adv/? This will be largely about videogames so bear with me.

>can't play some games i used to enjoy anymore because of serious self insert issues, or something else
>won't play a female, because i'm not a female - this extends to games where classes are locked to genders, and the result is that i very very rarely even try out those classes
>will rarely/experimentally play with magic, because it doesn't exist in real life
>will avoid to use science-y things unless it's part of the core game, because i'm not intelligent in real life

>feel stuck playing as either "stealthy dexterity" or "raging strength" and i don't know which one "i am", because whichever i pick at the time is meant to "represent who i am in the game" or some shit, it's unexplainable but i'm high on antidepressants which is probably why i'm even here right now
>literally can't enjoy a game if i'm not currently in the mindset that fits it, and i will only play the specific characters that do fit at the moment
>say, team fortress 2
>if i feel like today i'm a "str" guy, i'll only play soldier, demo and heavy
>if it's the other, i only play scout, spy and sniper
>in WoW, i literally quit playing multiple times because i can't grasp a class that "is literally me"
just kill me
>>
>>18127404
No, that's normal, you are more likely to enjoy a game if it reflects yourself. Don't worry about it mang.
>>
>>18127419
What he Said, I also do some things on that list. Don't worry OP
>>
>>18127419
>>18127421
It doesn't feel normal at all. How is any of it normal? If I were to ask pretty much anyone I know the same thing, they'd roll their eyes and talk about another subject right away over how fucking stupid I sound.
>>
>>18127427
Yeah cause it's stupid to talk/worry about it. Srsly don't worry bout it
>>
>>18127434
How do I not worry about it? It's stressed me for years and I've had anxiety attacks over it (well, many other things too though).
>>
File: image.jpg (29KB, 475x365px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 475x365px
>>18127444
when it comes to axiety and stuff I can't really give adv cause I don't have knowledge about. Just don't worry your normal af
>>
Some people play characters as "self inserts" (avatars that reflect them as closely in-game as possible), other people like myself prefer playing as someone completely different than myself... Hence, roleplaying. It's all about the perspective you're most comfortable with

There is also something else in there about the inherent power fantasy that is most games but that's a discussion for another time
>>
>>18127404
There's a concept in chaos magic called belief shifting that really speaks to me. It's about taking notions about yourself and discarding them, at least temporarily, to learn more about the world and yourself.

Hate mexican food? Eat nothing but mexican food for a week. Learn to cook mexican food. Go on a quest to find the best burrito in town.

Think you're an atheist? Spend a month living as a Christian - go to church, pray before meals, read the bible before bed, try to truly adopt a christian mindset. Then move onto something else.

The idea is not to give ourselves labels that box us in.

So start a video game - or better yet, join an in person D&D game - and play a character that's the opposite of what you would normally play. Don't worry about representing yourself. Consider it exploring a part of yourself that you don't yet know exists.
>>
You can play Demo in TF2? Are you a black?
>>
So you're one of those people that never plays medic.
>>
>>18127404
Play the binding of Isaac, that sounds like more your speed.
>>
>>18127404
You could also try using games once in a while to explore parts of your personality that you aren't comfortable with in reality.

Be the int guy. Be science guy. they know things you don't and can help you grow.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.