[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright, I'm mostly just here to vent, but maybe any insight

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: Wands.jpg (30KB, 300x522px) Image search: [Google]
Wands.jpg
30KB, 300x522px
Alright, I'm mostly just here to vent, but maybe any insight or advice would be helpful.

I'm a 24 year old female. I graduated from college last year. I was doing development work, but recently made the decision to quit that since it was not a good situation.

I just moved to a big city a couple hours away from my hometown and took a new job. So far, I've just been having a really rough time. I've had stuff stolen from me and I've been robbed of nearly $1,000 in the past month. I don't have any friends in the community, although I've been making an effort to go out and meet people. I've been trying to go out and do stuff that makes me happy, but at the end of the day, I feel like nobody would give a fuck if I totally kicked the bucket on life. I do have friends in my hometown, but they're all married/have a lot going on for them.

I guess I just feel really insecure, and maybe it shows. I'm a lesbian, and recently met a girl on a dating app. We went out on one date, and I thought we had a lot in common. Turns out she totally ghosted me, and later on said she wasn't interested in even being friends.

I just feel like my life is without any meaning at all, and I feel so insecure around people. I'm worried about this fucking up any chance I have with my job or future livelihood. I feel totally alone and pathetic.

Maybe somebody can relate to this, or has some advice about coping with situations like these. Thanks for listening.
>>
File: hot sauce.jpg (130KB, 496x859px) Image search: [Google]
hot sauce.jpg
130KB, 496x859px
What helps me in an existential crisis is reading. Preferably a book with a lot of psychological nuances in its characters. I educated myself and didn't feel lonely at all.

Also, playing complex and difficult vidya helps me coping with depressive phases.

If you're interested in some recommendations I'd gladly recommend you some good novels (or vidya, if that's your thing).

Unfortunately I don't have any tips on how to better your social situation. I live more or less like a hermit and don't really have a problem with it.
>>
File: IMG_5623.jpg (64KB, 640x634px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5623.jpg
64KB, 640x634px
>>18127357
I think the whole whirlwind of changes (new job, graduated school, new area w/o any loved ones, going on dates, being robbed, etc.) is very overwhelming for anyone....

My husband actually had a mental breakdown after getting a high stress job. So it's tough. Remember self-care, and concentrate on your job for at least the next few months. Friends and girlfriends will follow. Your work and your mind is your foundation. Keep that safe.

I mean if you are really lonely I suggest getting a pet. Frequently contact your old friends and family as-well; that's what keeps me sane.

It will get better. Keep trying...I also suggest getting involved in the community. Volunteer! I've met lots of people that way. If you're religious join a church. My husband is, and through his church we meet lots of people.
Keep your head up anon
>>
>>18127379

Thank a lot. I appreciate that. What sort of books do you recommend? And video games are cool, too. I'll take some recommendations.
>>
>>18127387
>>18127357
also use your copy skills; especially right now. For me I like to read. It's a fun and stimulating form of escapism.
Sometimes I like to paint in water colors, and exercising (sprinting specifically) is always a big release for me. Playing with my cats also makes me feel good. Sometimes zoning out in front of the TV is good too in times of high stress. Implement your coping skills. Ignore all that other shit right now.
>>
>>18127387

Thanks. I was thinking the same thing as well, that I should concentrate on my job for the next few months.

I have thought about getting a pet, maybe a rat. I want a dog, but my roommates are all older and don't want a dog in the house. I'm looking into stuff to do in the community and have a few ideas. I guess I just need to build confidence somehow.
>>
>>18127357
get a dog. doggo will love you and keep you busy with the walking and the playing and such. also, girls love dogs and will talk to you when you take him for a walk.
>>
>>18127402

Dude, I wish I could get a dog. Maybe when I am renting at another place that allows them.
>>
>>18127409
you may be able to get a therapist to say you need one for mental health reasons. im not sure about the process for this, but the last place i lived had a no dogs policy and a couple tenants had them anyway. i asked them about it and they said that they had medical dispensation which allowed them to have dogs on the property. refusal of this by a landlord is illegal.
>>
File: A-okay.jpg (29KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
A-okay.jpg
29KB, 500x500px
>>18127393
Alright. So, when it comes to books I wholeheartedly recommend you the novels of Fyodor M. Dostoevsky, starting with his first grand novel Crime and Punishment. It's about a poor nihilistic student in his early 20s who commits a - in his rationale completely justified - murder. But after the murder, he, nonetheless, deals with a bad consciosness and paranoia. Dostoevsky basically describes his younger self through the protagonist with incredible acumen. It may be a tough read and intimidating at first, but after the first 50 or 100 pages you are used to it.
If you want to start with something easier to read, but with an similar narrative style, then The Godfather is the one for you. I guess you heard or watched the movie, but the original novel is so much better, and the author (Mario Puzo) takes inspiration from Dostoevsky here.

And when it comes to vidya, it depends a little on the platforms you own. Multiplatform-wise: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Dark Souls, Metal Gear Solid V and Metal Gear Rising (all on hardest difficulty, as far as difficulty settings are offered).

If you have a Nintendo 3DS: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate or Monster Hunter Generations. The Monster Hunter games are absurdly tough to get in, but once you are in, you won't get out of it for the next couple hundred hours. It's like a rolling tire filled with chocolote and sex: tough to get in, but once you are you never want to get out.
If you have a PlayStation 4, girl, then you will have a good time: Nioh, Bloodborne and Yakuza Zero. The latter is not very complex and neither difficult, but it offers a lot of side-quest and campy, charming sub-stories; the main plot is basically a Japanese crime drama with some absurdly hilarious twists.

Hope I met your taste. If you wanna have something more to your taste, don't hesitate and ask!
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.