[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've posted this 3 times on different sites and told this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 5.jpg (203KB, 1000x775px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
203KB, 1000x775px
I've posted this 3 times on different sites and told this at least 10 times before so tell me if anything doesn't make sense.

>22
>have masters in cs
>got a good job
>bought a house
>had a relationship 3 years ago, don't feel like I'm missing out on too much
>felt empty
>got a therapist
>"find something to do you enjoy"
>built a gaming pc to play videogames like when I was in highschool
>empty
>learned to play piano like I've always wanted to
>empty
>therapist said I had issues with content, I dropped her in disbelief and according to reddit she was a bad therapist anyway.
>reddit said I was probably lonely
>watched a movie with coworker and 3 friends from highschool
>was great but the thrill wore off as soon as I drove home
>other forum board showed me a speech by john ortberg "what matters"
>Goto church for 3 weeks
>got a strong sense of motivation and happiness
>later I decide the concept of believing without reason isnt for me

Now what? I'm considering that I have a mental condition but does no one else feel emptiness? Outside of the greed for materialistic things, is there something you know you're missing?

I strongly feel that going to a modern church was a step in the right direction, but I can't bring myself to believe in a god. (given the current theories of the universe, theres a solid coinflip that a superior being could exist, but whose to say it even recognizes our existence?)

I've posted this so many times I don't even have a single question anymore. I'm missing something.
>>
start to drink
>>
>>18127329
Find a hobby that you like. You don't like piano or video games, try drawing or playing another instrument or learning a foreign language, etc. Personally, the only thing that keeps me going is my love of learning.
>>
>>18127329
Try LSD.

It'll probably help you figure out how your mind/ego works and what's missing.
>>
File: patri.jpg (723KB, 1080x800px) Image search: [Google]
patri.jpg
723KB, 1080x800px
>>18127606
Not a fan of alcohol.
>>18127630
I can't draw, I used to really love video games, I'm not sure why I can't anymore. I too love to learn, I'd like to thank it for my current success, but I need something more. Which could just end up being nothing and I have a mental condition.
>>18127690
I'm a bit of a pussy and I've kept my life out of illegal activities.
Do you happen to know an alternative?
>>
>>18127329
Build your own car
At least if you end up never wanting to do it again, you've passed a lot of time and have a sweet ride
>>
>>18127755
I drive a tesla X at the moment so I don't need a new car. But knowing the innards of a car would be cool. Thanks for the suggestion anon.
>>
>>18127329
maybe you lack a sense of purpose. you've achieved the basic milestones as an adult and now you find yourself with nothing to strive towards. life has become monotonous. maybe you need a change in routine and/or maybe pick up a hobby. try picking up a martial art or getting back into dating.
>>
>>18127329
You have a masters in CS at 22? How long did it take to get?

By the way, try to learn a new language that you haven't learned yet, that helped me get through emptiness.
>>
File: DMT.jpg (793KB, 540x4058px) Image search: [Google]
DMT.jpg
793KB, 540x4058px
>>18127730
Here, this took me about 10 minutes to collage. DMT in my opinion is better and more controllable then LSD
>>
>>18127799
I'm just thinking in new ways of learning and challenging yourself. Of course, it would have to appeal to you. I once had a neighbor who worked at a physics lab, yet in the summer they thought elementary math for kids that were behind. To him, finding a way for kids to learn was a complete knee way of thinking and it challenged him

What I'm saying is. If you're CS, some things like building a car or trying to do your own electrical wiring (set up your own in wall surround system or something like that) are choices that are tough and require as much dedication as a hobby but they are practical. Some things are better in certain situations (cooking is great if you're constantly around people). Heck, I visited someone for the first time a few weeks ago that works in simulation modeling and he had built his one hand crafted canoes in his garage. Not very practical but if you look around then I'm sure there are still challenges out there for you.
>>
File: b5b86b19be4b1bc92899a78a442ae5ca.jpg (105KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
b5b86b19be4b1bc92899a78a442ae5ca.jpg
105KB, 1024x768px
Considering the fact you brought up the matter of you having a relationship, could - in my opinion- mean that you're always thinking about wanting a girlfriend. Idk man looks like you just ran away from a problem, just go get a girl, if you like her.

also it looks like you want kids, that's interesting, good luck anon
>>
>>18127329
>>18127863
Life might a little too comfy right now. Don't be afraid to take risks. Flip houses, start a minor money intensive project even though it might fail. Go thrill seeking, maybe sky diving or something similar could really give you insight. Being close to death or (some cases life) can give you other insights on part of yourself that no therapist could find. You know yourself best after all
>>
>>18127809
I have a feeling it very well could be that. According to some of the speakers I've been watching, life isnt supposed to have a purpose which is whats leading me to believe theres something more I cant explain. Just some sort of wisdom

>>18127818
In highschool I took college classes that gave me both highschool and college credit, So I graduated highschool at 16, and my parents offered to keep me as long as I did full time college, Got my bachelors through an online school, then transfered into UT for masters.

Languages arent very fun to learn, but maybe its just spoiled to me because I had a bad spanish class in highschool.

>>18127840
It's a bit hard for me to trust strangers with drugs but I'll save it just in case.

>>18127863
The only good challenge does is apply stress. I'm not sure if stress is what I need, though I don't deny the psychological benefits of it.

>>18127874
Not really interested, when I need something to love and care for I get a dog.

These replies are coming as fast as I'm answering them, thanks guys.

>>18127882
stress may be what I need, but I don't think its it. Considering I have no other clue, I'll try it though. I wish I could say I know myself best, but I've thought many hours on this, and I can't reach a conclusion.

One thing thats been popping up in my mind is maybe I just need a god to believe in and follow every day for purpose, but I just cant because too many things about it doesnt make sense. I want someone religous to debate with, peacefully.
>>
>>18127329
Seconded, take lsd or shrooms. Look into yourself bro. Gl
>>
Set a new goal for yourself. There isn't much else to do in this world.
>>
Literally every one feels like you at a point. You can't fill the void, but you can distract yourself from thinking about how empty life really is.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.