[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get over my ex? It's been almost two months since

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Sad Frog Suicide 4.jpg (116KB, 782x1168px) Image search: [Google]
Sad Frog Suicide 4.jpg
116KB, 782x1168px
How do I get over my ex? It's been almost two months since she dumped me and i'm still crying every few days. I never used to be this emotional. Tried PoF, Tinder, and OKC but I live in a small town and got no responses. I don't even think I should be looking for someone yet and should be working on improving myself anyways. I want to be strong and I want to move on but I can't stop thinking about the future we lost and getting back in contact with her. I don't have many close friends and I put almost all my time into the relationship so I think this has really shown me how empty my life is.
>>
You ever smoke pot and jack off thinking about her?
>>
>>18127117
If you're not going to try contacting her, move on.

>>18127138
Lol. I don't recommend this.
>>
>>18127155
I think contacting her would be a bad idea. I told her I never wanted to talk to her again and this would take away any impact that had. I also feel very guilty for things I did wrong during the relationship and want to apologize for them. Thinking of writing a letter but I know if I contact her it'll only prolong the pain.
>>
>>18127138
No, I don't smoke, it's degenerate.
>>
Stop being a faggot and buy a whore already.

Get your nut and then find a bitch worth your time.
>>
>>18127171

>Smoking is degenerate
>being a beta who can't get over his ex after two months isn't degenerate

Lmao m8. I got dumped by my gf of four years and I got laid the next day. Started a Tinder and OKC, hooked up with 12 girls and had three short term gf's, then this year decided I'm just gonna be single and focus on my career for a few months. Put zero effort in women, and the result is the higher quality women are entering my life because of this fact. When you're in "poverty" mode, you feel like getting a GF is a priority. It's not, you are a priority. When you focus on improving yourself and doing things for YOU, the right people enter your life without much effort.

When every action you make, every thought you have throughout the day, is aimed at your girlfriend, do you really think you will show improvement? No. You are in a vicious cycle.

Go no contact, yes full no contact. If you have anything left to say, say it now and wipe the slate clean. I sent my ex something like

"Hey sorry about how I reacted last month. I was stressing over the fact that we stopped seeing each other right before I got my promotion and felt content with myself. I was going to ask if you wanted to get our own place, take more vacations, but that's water under the bridge. Hope all is well"

Then I didn't contact her ever again, I just went on with my life and started sharing cool things on social media. Concerts I was at, girls I was hanging out with, friends and I doing fun things, etc. Just became a positive person who was enjoying being single. What happened in the end is she dumped her rebound boyfriend because she realized I wasn't going to chase her, she started telling her friends she missed me and subtweeting me constantly, and now I really couldn't care less either way because if she comes back I win and if she doesn't I'll just meet someone even better, so I still win.
>>
Take it from someone who's been through this and the impotent gnawing misery afterwards. Use the pain and focus on improving every facet of your life, focus ONLY on this and do not speak to her or make it obvious you're doing it because of her, you'll find strength you never knew you had and the pain will pass, there's a good chance she'll contact you in a few months time.
>>
>>18127171
Haha you're calling anyone else out on their worldview?
>>
wondering the same
its been a year for me
the heart is irrational, and wont listen to reason

my only tips, all of which are obvious are
1) dont visit any of her social media, ever
>tfw when you did that a month later and lo and behold she has a new guy
2) i mean it, dont visit any of her social media
3) start working out
>tfw when was already working out before i met her
4) stop jacking off to her
>>
>>18127295
>tfw done all of those things already
>Including browsing her social media a month later and seeing she has another guy and already working out

>>18127246
Yeah you're right, i'll give it a try.

>>18127236
Thank you. I know thats the right things to do but hearing it from someone else helps.
>>
>>18127301

No worries fella. Remember, it happens to the best of us. The one thing to keep in mind is that this whole episode will make you a better, stronger person so long as you see it as the oppurtunity that it is.

I'd also recommend reading 'Meditations' by Marcus Aurelius, that book really eased a lot of my ruminations and anxiety when I got rejected.
>>
>>18127335
Yeah, it's a good life experience. I know it'll be a positive thing when it's over but it hurts so much. I think writing down all my mistakes is making it worse but will make it better so I know what not to repeat next time.

I have Meditations but the language is a little tricky.

How long did it take you to feel better?
>>
>>18127335
>'Meditations' by Marcus Aurelius
literally my bible, put on some 'why worry' by the Dire Straits while you read and its the ultimate chill out zone.
>>
>>18127343

Yes, seeing all your faults written down on a list is pretty hard to swallow but if you don't recognise your own faults then how can you change them? It's the most vital step desu.

My first experience like this was when I was 19 and got rejected by Oneitis, she was nice about it and tried to sugarcoat it for me, but I knew the reason was I was a timid, overly nice, terribly dressed and awkward person. I was cripplingly miserable for about 4 months before I decided to start improving and stop living in the past.

Improvement gave me renewed motivation to identify my faults and my reason for getting up in the morning was to rid myself of them. I didn't initiate any conversation with her and about 8 months later she was inviting me to parties and stuff and talking to me on fb. It was about a year until she started flirting with me again but I wasn't bothered about her by then.

Incidentally i'm in the dumps over a girl I rejected and now wish I hadn't because she's now got a boyfriend. That's life.
>>
>>18127360
How do you feel about rejecting her now? Why do you regret it?

>>18127345

Will put it on next, just listening to Signs right now. Thanks for the tip.
>>
>>18127382

I rejected her because I was in final year of university and didnt really have the time or inclination to go back home every week to see her, plus she was always high which damaged her personality a bit.

She was a cutie, however and one of the only genuinely funny girls i've ever met. Plus she's dating a fucking Polish foreigner now which just makes me angry on a moral level.
>>
>>18127391
I'm sorry to hear that. It always hurts when they start dating someone new.

At least he's white.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.