[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I don't know what to do, /adv/. Britbong here, just 3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: _20170312_211659.jpg (54KB, 625x544px) Image search: [Google]
_20170312_211659.jpg
54KB, 625x544px
So I don't know what to do, /adv/. Britbong here, just 3 weeks ago I became a father to a beautiful baby girl, but a month before that I lost my job. I had found another, but I suffer from schizophrenia, which meant I had to notify of this whilst applying. That was fine, but I had to send off another tax form as my old shitty job apparently "lost" it. In doing so, the twatends at the government fucked up and wrote down a completely different mental disorder to what I actually had, rendering it invalid. With this, I also lost all my PIP, my partner's DLA (they're physically disabled), my carer's allowance for them, our income support etc etc.
Basically, we have to survive on 0 income until these arseholes decide to fix their mistake. I've been declared unfit for work because of it too, so no where will take me on until I've been reassessed. I don't know what to do guys. I've tried food banks, the emergency grant etc but they won't help me because it's all federal run. My only hope has been sharing this story on Facebook and having the odd person pitch in a few quid but it genuinely isn't enough. I feel like a failure of a dad and fiancé and I really don't know where else to turn.
Any advice guys?
>>
>>18126824
shameless self bump
>>
>>18126841
This board is full angry teenagers, not UK social workers anon

Go to citizen's advice ASAP. This is literally the reason that they exist, in the mean time you can also call in at the job centre and tax office for advice and contact any support workers you might have. Keep on at them, to lose all of that at once and have no allowance is a really big deal, writing to your MP is also always recommended even if it feels archaic and stupid

What did the food banks say? Go back to them, I've never heard of them just turning people down like that
There are often smaller community run services in areas (e.g. Crisis Skylight) that you could get in touch with for food or advice, but you will need to google around to see if your area has one
If you really need food for you and your little girl, now is the time to start calling friends and asking if they have any uneeded tins in their house

You guys can do this OP, I'm sorry that it's a shit time for the welfare state right now, but I promise there is a lot out there to help you get back on your feet once you access it
>>
>>18126851
Yeah man, citizen's advice in my town are useless! They just told me to wait it out and do everything I've already done. I'm just looking forward to the compensation I'll get afterwards haha
Funnily enough we had a social worker who claimed to be looking into this for us, still nothing back. I swear, everyone has actually started ignoring my phone calls and emails in terms of government organisations. We've had to move back in with my parents, but I've tried phoning people I know and most are not massively better off than I am sadly
The food bank is a funny one. Seeing as it's gov funded, they couldn't help me. I was there for hours whilst they tried to look into it.
>>
>>18126864
I'm sorry to tell you that the moment you mention moving in with family, you become low-priority. As a young family you should be a very high priority, but now that they know you aren't going to be sleeping rough, they can pretty much ignore you for a while.
You do need to keep on at the council and citizens advice constantly, demand to escalate things. Definitely write your MP immediately.

Most importantly, make sure you keep a written record of the timeline, it doesn't have to be anything fancy, just a google draft email that has the dates of when things happened (and how that affected the welfare of you all) including the times of day you took a telephone call/meeting in a centre and who you spoke to. And safe spot for EVERY related document/letter and even things like receipts for the last time you bought food if you have any.
By the way I don't want to make this worse but compensation for these kinds of things can be a really long and nightmarish procedure (welfare is viewed as a free service therefore "get what you paid for" etc) and so I really do recommend having well-kept records.

You will get through this. I understand that this is stressful so please take care of your health as best as you can, if anything happens to your or your partner's health or especially your little girl (i.e. if she is malnourished) please remember to go straight to the A&E. Even if the social sector is falling apart, the hospitals still prioritize the care of children and there is no stigma to seeking help for your child. If there is ever a point where your child is at any risk, please know that the services DO want to support temporarily and are not out to get you. Sorry if that sounds a little horrible, but people in bad situations often worry that asking for help will get their child taken away etc, and avoid help, when that is not at all how it works.
I'm sorry I can't help much, I'm a voluntary worker in the social welfare sector but this is not my department.
>>
>>18126902
Much appreciated dude!
Yeah. Sadly such is the case. I've managed to scrounge enough to keep those two okay, it's mainly my health suffering to be honest-
As for the records, I've already got everything pinpoint autistically documented lmfao. I am gonna have to keep pushing and I'm taking any help I can get, however nothing seems to work is what it all boils down to :/
>>
Ironically UK civil servant sat at his desk here. Not sure they would let you or not but DO NOT claim UC if they offer it to you. You'll lose DLA for good and the WCA system for UC fucks people in the arse. Go to CAB. Lodge as many Mandatory Reconsideration requests as you can and if they come back negative lodge appeals. Fight tooth and nail, DLA is heaven compared to UC, same with PIP. (this is the funking 4chins this isn't legal advice and you don't know what service I work for, don't be a dumbass and bring this up as advice anywhere)
>>
>>18127063
Thank you dude! They didn't even tell me I could do such a thing, what scummy bastards
>>
>>18127063
Voluntary anon here and I'm just so happy that you've showed up to post that actual advice, I felt so bad that I don't know enough about this stuff, god bless this shithole site

>>18126914
np friend, all the best and don't give up
>>
>>18127066
Your record keeping will help. You should get many recons against anything considered a 'decision' and anything with a mandatory recon gets am appeal if the recon isn't satisfactory. After that you can go to court but obviously that's not ideal. Not guarantees tho, they could go 'nah that wasn't a decision we were just following normal procedure with wrong documents'. They should let you correct those documents but I don't actually know enough about the DLA/PIP system to tell you how it works, it's not my direct field of work. They might be deliberately obtuse about how the reconsideration and appeals process works. CaB should be able to.help if they are cos they can't not give you the forms, some assholes just won't tell you what to do with them.
>>
>>18127082
That 'many' should be mandatory. You.only get one per decision before the appeals process starts.
>>
>>18126824
Citizens advice is a good idea. Also harass the job centre until they call back. I think the job centre give out milk and food tokens for babies - they can't let someone with a baby go without anything. Try to get a note or something from your doctor in regards to your mental health and I advise to call people as much as possible, every day. Even if they don't call back they can see that you've called them. Harass them until they do something!
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.