[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't know why but ever since I was a kid I had always

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: ac20b3a007[1].png (2MB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
ac20b3a007[1].png
2MB, 1280x960px
I don't know why but ever since I was a kid I had always wanted to play the violin. It seems so elegant and badass.

This may seem retarded, but I've dedicated myself to getting good at fighting games before, and I've seen people compare playing a fighting game well and playing an instrument well. What should I do?
>>
Play it? I played the violin and I suck at combos. No idea what one thing has to do with the other
>>
>>18126269

Seconded. I played violin for 3 years before i quit. Sucked at combos back then still do now
>>
>>18126269
>>18126281
You dumbasses, I didn't mean if you're good at the violin you'll be good at fighting games, I meant that having the dedication and getting better at fighting games is similar to training and getting better at playing an instrument. Also, you shouldn't suck at combos, you idiots, if it's SFV the combos are easy as fuck and only are like 3-5 hits at max. If you're trying to play Guilty Gear/Blaz Babby or some shit it's just about practice and if you can't do optimal combos there is still the basic gatling/revolver combo of P,K,S,HS.
>>
>I've seen people compare playing a fighting game well and playing an instrument well.
you've seen stupid people say stupid things

the amount of discipline required for an instrument like a violin is much higher, but you could probably learn a piano with a similar dedication to videogame inputs
>>
>>18126353
Pls, getting consistent at piano is just as hard as getting good at violin.

Also the parallel between fighting games and music instruments isn't absurd, i though the same thing while playing guilty gear.
>>
>>18126361
nah, piano is easy mode. With the violin a lot of time is spent just trying to get a reasonable sound outta the thing, compared to the piano in which you press a key and its in tune etc.
>>
>>18126370
the most basic and retarded argument that every musical shitter make
>>
>>18126353
I've played both for several years and I can confirm that piano is just as hard as violin. Both are extremely difficult and push your dexterity to the limits.
>>
even if you try to practise to learn how to play violin you'll fail miserably because it's something that has to be learned in your youth
i reckon you are above 20 so, i red pilled you its up to you to face reality
you can convince your little siblings/future children to play it though, i agree with you op playing violin is the coolest/most elegant shit
>>
>>18126490
You could argue that about anything, like learning a language, learning to paint, etc. Sure you can say to master something its easier to start as a kid, but it's not a hard and fast rule that you need to start early.
Do what you like, op. If you want to learn violin, learn violin. You have so much time on this earth and you may as well use it for something you enjoy.
>>
>>18126496
But how will I know if I enjoy it?
>>18126490
This kind of mentality is bullshit.
>>
>>18126514
You enjoy the music. You could always rent a violin but I doubt that renting one and fucking around for a week will tell you if you like it or not as it will take you a while to get good.

I also want to learn the violin and am watching craigslist for a good cheap one.

>tfw found a Stradivarius for $200 but it was already gone
>>
>>18126541
>tfw found a Stradivarius for $200 but it was already gone
If it makes you feel any better, I can promise you with 100% confidence that it wasn't genuine.
>>
>>18126257
Violinist of 10 years, I literally can't do any combos, so I don't play fighting games. Playing an instrument is supposed to help you use the other hemisphere of your brain, so try doing things with your non-dominant hand. My left handed cursive is pretty good and I can shoot my friends lefty config AR decently. I can also jack off with my left hand, makes it easier to handle the mouse to skip to the good parts. I can play Ode to Joy with my eyes closed(not impressive at all, most people can memorize a song or two, no eyes needed ) backwards (this I'm actually proud of). I might also be autistic.
>>
>>18126490
Stupidest post I've read on here in a while.

Sure, that's true if you want to be a PROFESSIONAL violinist, but OP hasn't said anything to indicate that he wants to do that (and fuck, the odds are astronomically against you even if you do have a Tiger Mom who forces you to practice 5 hours at a day starting at age 3).

But as for just learning an instrument? There are fucking 80-year-olds who pick up instruments and learn to play them quite well.
>>
>>18126541
Probs a Stradi imitation, it can't possibly be $200 I mean cmon man. Don't sweat the violin, a decent FULL SIZE one will do, but getting a good bow is a must.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.