[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I feel like I am a very compassionate person but I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1482881169336.png (785KB, 768x771px) Image search: [Google]
1482881169336.png
785KB, 768x771px
I feel like I am a very compassionate person but I don't want to be a compassionate person because people have hurt me that's what happens to compassionate people, they get hurt. How can I come to terms with being a compassionate person when I keep being confronted with the fact that people are shit and deserve no such compassion?
>>
File: 1375426077899.jpg (86KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1375426077899.jpg
86KB, 720x540px
>>18126178

Becoming an asshole is not the key to navigating the treachery of human interaction.

Being a good person is a thankless job. You do it because its the right thing, not because its some magic ticket to a pain free life. If you're being compassionate because you're expecting sunshine and rainbows in return then its not really compassion, is it?

Compassionate people don't get hurt. Everyone gets hurt. The only thing you have left to decide is whether you're going to do the right thing or just become another person who inflicts pain on others just for the sake of avoiding it.

People are shit but I do the right thing because at the end of the day I have to go to sleep at night carrying the weight of my own decisions, not the weight of anybody else's. I refuse to reach my old age and look my children in the eye and tell them "Well, your daddy wanted to be a good person but other people hurt me so I decided to become an asshole."

I dunno, man. Its up to you. Whatever you can live with.
>>
>>18126185
This board needs more people like this.
>>
>>18126185
Maybe they don't want to feel or look like a cuck?
>>
>>18126185
At the end of the day, I could let someone walk all over me and feel like a loser, or I could become the biggest asshole in the world and make other people feel like shit, before they make me feel like shit. Besides- nobody ever saved me, so what makes them so special? Do I sound broken or am I just the worst kind of person?
>>
>>18126291
Don't you think there's more options? You don't have to be an asshole to protect yourself, you don't have to be a loser if you are compassionate
Just think about what benetifs would be if you'll be a bit of both?
>>
>>18126291
Seems you can only think in 1's and 0's
>>
>>18126291
Nah. You've just realized the first red pill of human interaction: everyone is selfish. Me first, then partner, then family, then others; that's usually the hierarchy. Unless you're approaching a social situation with the profit/loss dichotomy in mind, you're going to get taken advantage of. Never forget this.
>>
>>18126291
You just need to learn how to set boundaries. Life isn't a black and white thing.
You can be compassionate, kind and caring while setting boundaries and not letting your kindness fuck you over or people take advantage of you.

You sound a bit immature.
>>
Get a dog. They don't fuck you over like people do.
>>
>>18126178
you can be compassionate and strong.
>>
Extend your morals as far as theirs extends and you'll find yourself trashing everyone who treats you like shit and leaving you with good company.
>>
>>18126178
Many people do deserve it. Meet some.

Or you might have Covert Narcissism. Which means you think "everyone is shit" but some of them are just acting normal and others did something "shit" because you did a lot of things to them first.

If you want to know whether you have Covert Narcissim just check out whether you relate to song lyrics by Disturbed and by Chris Ray Gun's non-parody/non-anti-SJW songs.

Covert Narcissim is curable. To start the process on your own, start with meditation.

Covert Narcissists are nice to their friends and are nice to strangers. But sometimes they do things they regret. And sometimes they don't regret the things that they regret. But sometimes they do.
>>
>>18126185
...But, but, you're on 4Chan, so isn't that impossible?
>>
>>18126291
I'm changing "might" have Covert Narcissism to "definitely". Do you sound broken or sound the worst? Well, we don't need to tell you, because when you stop pretending is when you heal your life. A method called DBT is another kind of method one can do by themselves which helps outside symptoms of this problem like anxiety and panic.

But, the end will not be totally fixed until sometime in 3 years when you go deeper.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.