[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is university worth it? I do want on become a writer and study

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: images.png (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
4KB, 225x225px
Is university worth it?
I do want on become a writer and study literature and philosophy.

Americans pls refrain from posting, I don't care about your thirld world universities, many thanks.
>>
Where are u from?
>>
>>18125448
Colombia
>>
>>18125383
No, start drinking and buy cheap books. Travel and always keep a pen with you. Talk to people, don't judge them, don't steal their story.
If you're good enough, you'll be a writer soon.
>>
>>18125383
meh idno, im from spain and dropped out, everything they "wanted" to teach me (psychology, not the best career, engineering has real teaching for example) was the same wikipedia will show you, but they introduced me to the tools you need to do stuff. scientific method applied to the field, where and how to get real info (papers) and.......thats it. The rest was ppl giving u shit to memorize, that i could and i do on my own (i dropped after 1 and a half years) and i probablu know more about shit than 70% of ppl who graduated.

So, to sumarize, they give you the tools you need to accomplish the goal (understanding writing and knowing how to read/do stuff with literature) in a bad/lazy/shitty way, some of the knowledge u need(huehue read shakespeare, read x, read x) and thats it.
So i recommend u try it, but if u have a good studying ethic and thinking processes and think the lvl of college will be shit like that u should jsut go on ur own.
Everything u wil ever need is on the internet and books, you jsut need to get out of ur way to get it. College kinda does it for u, so u just sit and take it. Choose 1

For example, smartest guy i know, could've been a writer at 15, still can if he wants, nothjing changed after studying at college, he already had internalized what he needed to do to be one: read a lot, understand it, learn, learn more, try to beat ur idols, keep grindin cos u love it.
College only helps, u need to be the guy u want to be, college wont change you into it instantly, it just helps gettin down the habits if u cant figure them out or get them by urself ;)

But thats my opinion, from my experience.
>>
>>18125483
u smart, but i prefer weed under control
>>
>>18125451
And you're calling America third world?
>>
>>18125383
Of course it is you retard. Where else will you have time to read and a medium that fosters curiosity and creativity.
>>
>>18125383

>
Americans pls refrain from posting, I don't care about your thirld world universities, many thanks.

suck my fat american dick
>>
>>18125383
Go to school in Norway or Sweden especially if you are aren't white. Its free, youll get a ton of benefits, and their colleges are so dumbed down any idiot will be able to breeze through any course that isnt STEM related.
>>
University is worth it if you plan to teach, but not as a student, you will get fucked in the ass.

So if you want to write about philosophy, just become a professor and shape the future of your public and private states.
>>
>>18125383
Don't go to a UK university outside of Oxbridge and Russel Group for anything that isn't STEM.
>>
>>18125865
No, just its crappy university system (Not op)
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.