[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm joining a design company as a "sales executive".

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: timeshare-salesman.jpg (43KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
timeshare-salesman.jpg
43KB, 300x250px
I'm joining a design company as a "sales executive". This company have no sales department, I'll be the first one working on sales. Also this will be my first time working as employee (I'm 21 YO).

any advice? is there anything I need to be aware of?
>>
>>18125147
What are you selling?
>>
>>18125147
this is your first job and you're 21?
>>
What's the job description? Is there a contract/list of job duties you can read? Do you have a job title you can Google for your industry and get an idea of what you'll be doing? What were you asked at the interview?

You can send a message to the person who hired you or a supervisor and ask for more details of what you'll be doing. Just mention something like every company is a bit different and you want to make sure you adapt quickly.
>>
This company design logos, business cards, t-shirts etc.. my job title is "sales executive" from what I understand I have to promote the company and get a new customers/clients...

As far as I see this company is a bunch of loser (as everyone here), and the salary isn't that good but I've to work, I want to move on.

Thanks to the country I'm living in It's been a three years since I've graduated from high school, and I can't enter a university even though my grade is very good. I've been working as a freelance salesman for the past 2 years but even working freelance is NOT possible any more!!

thanks for your reply.
>>
>>18126009
Invest in online advertisement through Facebook and Google AdWords express. You'll be surprised how much it can pay off, just don't be cheap.

If that's too expensive, use gorrila marketing. Google that. Print a bunch of fliers and put it on cars, doors etc. Knock on doors of small businesses all around town looking for business.

Everything that has to do with marketing concepts can be found online.

And above all else, act like you know what you are doing--whether you do or don't.

I've put together marketing plans for two small businesses and have studied marketing for 3 years. The trick is knowing how simple it is, but don't forget to not overspend. Also, always be active with ideas and planning. Don't think you are above an door to door salesman.
>>
Read books by Seth Godin, hes considered one of the biggest experts in marketing
>>
>>18125147
>sales executive
That is a fancy term for salesperson. You are a glorified retail worker.
>>
thanks everyone, I'll keep that in mind.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.