/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going to go to college in Boca Raton. I live close by.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_4207.jpg (45KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4207.jpg
45KB, 320x180px
I'm going to go to college in Boca Raton. I live close by.
I'm 18.
I'm in a happy relationship I think.
But I feel like my life is closing up. Options to do things are disappearing. What do I do? Is there a cause? Is this life now? It feels like I'm closing up and going nowhere.
What is happening to me?
>>
>>18124643
FAU?

or Nova?

Either way, good luck. I suggest really trying hard to get to know people your first year.

You'll be fine, Boca is a nice city, if a bit bourgeois

t. FAU alum
>>
>>18124750
FAU
I don't know about Boca though. I feel like it's just a step down and a smaller world compared to where I live
Very bourgeois and uninteresting. Or I'm just stupid.
>>
its all part of growing up, dont worry. wait till you get to the part where you forget what you were working towards all along, its my personal favourite.
>>
>>18124783
i can't wait :(
>>
>>18124643
I live in Boca and have for quite a long time now. I've always enjoyed the location because there are fun things to do in any direction so I don't feel too far from anything really. If you can drive around or make friends with people that drive around then I think you'd find that there is a lot of diversity in activities and communities all in close proximity.

Any of those other concerns are definitely the frustrating feelings of "finding yourself" at that age. The feeling that you don't have the ability to do "be literally anything" in life and will actually have to start making choices as an adult is a feeling known by pretty much any person.
>>
>>18124830
The more I think about it the more I think I should go somewhere else. I can't for financial reasons, and I've been through Boca plenty of times
You might like it, and good for you.
I hate it and want out though
>>
>>18124862
It is weird that you can be stuck in such an expensive area then financially. Why not go to another far cheaper state?
>>
>>18124877
Florida is my cheapest state. I'd be an instate student. Only applied to one college out of state cause I really liked it but it's way too expensive... 200k at least. I gotta stay here for now. I don't qualify for aid either. My parents liked to tell me how they could afford any school I wanted to go to, and now? They've still got plenty of money and even though they aren't paying I can't get aid because I'm still connected to them
>>
>>18124937
Are they still claiming you as a dependent? Otherwise if you aren't living with them, you're 18 so separate from them. If the situation is really bringing you that much strife then change it.
>>
>>18124946
I should I guess. I dunno
>>
>>18124948
I really would suggest making those kinds of decisions. Living in a situation that you resent will put you in a miserable state of mind to accomplish anything else. Your only real options at that point are to change the situation or actively strive to change how you feel about it. Blaming others for your situation or expecting things to just change overtime with no effort on your part at all would be just avoiding growing up.

All said from personal experience.
>>
>>18124967
Changing it, at least immediately, is not possible I think
So I have to be happy with it and I'm trying to find out how
I'm reading The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle and Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl. Hopefully those books will provide insight.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.