[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My family likes my ex boyfriend more than my current boyfriend,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: 402911844642235349landscape.jpg (390KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
402911844642235349landscape.jpg
390KB, 1920x1080px
My family likes my ex boyfriend more than my current boyfriend, and have been acting pretty rude towards him.
I also think my mom is stil in contact with my ex.

How do I ease things for everyone involved?
>>
>>18124532
just tell your family your ex hit you or force fucked you
>>
>>18124537
I wouldn't accuse someone of hitting me or raping me unless it was true, and it definitely isn't.
>>
Have you told them that it really bothers you?
Maybe say that they should be on your side and respect your wishes, and maybe tell that your friends actually do that, too. And also respect that they just have to accept your current bf.
I think that behaviour is pretty rude.
>>
>>18124560
My grandma is pretty outspoken about it, and I asked her to stop a few times. I told her her behaviour bothers me and she toned it down.
My parents are more subtle, but my mom often makes positive remarks about my ex and criticises my boyfriend.
My dad is just really dismissive, but not as obvious as my mom.
I told them to please give him at least a chance because he matters a lot to me, but they just won't. They're more moderate in front of him than my grandma is, but it's really rude.

I had been with my ex for 7 years and they loved him like their own son. I understand that they care, I care about him a lot too.
But I do love my boyfriend, and I'd want him to feel part of the family.
>>
>>18124543
Then tell them he's a fag and they will stop because it's homophobic to force people to be straight.
>>
>>18124577
Just don't associate with your family anymore if they treat you like this
>>
>>18124664
So I just have to cut my family off?
>>
Your family is a bunch of pussies. Tell them to fucking deal with it - you aren't gonna switch boyfriends, or whatever the fuck, just to make them happy.
>>
Is your current bf a drug dealer or something? Is he from a different race? There must be a reason.
>>
>>18124532
>mom is stil in contact with my ex.
this is extremely weird
>>
>>18124759
I did. They're being pretty rude.

>>18124766
I am European, he's a from the US. He knows my native language well. We're both white as fuck.
He's really a good guy, I cannot see why they wouldn't like him unless they've been secretly racist from all my life.

>>18124772
I fucking know.
He called once when my mom and I were out together and she didn't reply. Weird as hell.
>>
>>18124694
Yes. Until they better. Don't visit them for like 3 years, and when they call why, tell them. Then when you do again, they will probably not do it anymore.

What do they criticize you. I mean if your Ex was Woodworker that is great with kids and very considerate to them as well, while your current BF is a hoodrat pimp that pisses with opened toilet door while visiting your parents they kinda would have a point for example.

As well: Why is your ex your Ex? If they for example are friends with him and after all those years you just dropped him for a more Jacked guy, they might just be embarrassed / feel sorry for him.

>>18124772
Not really. If they became friends in those 7 (!) years it is normal and ok to stay friends. She shouldn't bring him up though.

>>18124793
>he's a from the US
He ain't your typical cliché US Sterotype voting trump, being against healthcare and constantly talking about Guns though, is he?

At least in Germany there is a lot of "Antiamerikanismus" against such people. Lol.
>>
>>18124809
I know I'm biased because he's my boyfriend and all that shit, but he's honestly fine. He's a bit autistic, but my ex was too. He's fun, kind, full of interests, intelligent, hardworking and loves me so much he looks stupid. I don't honestly get why they dislike him.
All my friends love him to bits, his family is so in love with me and I feel like shit because my family makes him feel unwelcome.

>Why is your ex your Ex?
He didn't want kids, I do.
We had a serious future talk and he said he didn't like kids and wanted to focus on himself and his career, and he was content with our relationship. So since I want kids in the future we broke up.
My boyfriend is amazing with kids and builds me furniture, so you have some sort of magic 4chan power.

>He ain't your typical cliché US Sterotype voting trump, being against healthcare and constantly talking about Guns though, is he?
Lol, no. He bought me a MAGA hat after the election because I was very salty, but he loves the European commie welfare and doesn't miss his guns too much.
Also my parents are crazy gun owners and my mom cried because I refused to learn how to shoot, so she should be glad.
>>
>>18124822
>I don't honestly get why they dislike him.
Ask them?

>>18124822
>He didn't want kids, I do.
Your parent's don't want Grandchildren? If so, tell em why you broke up.

>My boyfriend is amazing with kids and builds me furniture, so you have some sort of magic 4chan power.
Just imagined what I would wan't in a man if I were a woman. XD

>Also my parents are crazy gun owners and my mom cried because I refused to learn how to shoot, so she should be glad.

O_o
Czech?
>>
>>18124834
>Ask them?
"He's not your ex" was the only reply I could get.
I mean, I kinda noticed, but.

>Your parent's don't want grandchildren?
They said he was young and I should have waited till he changed his mind. But that seemed petty, I don't want to be with a person hoping they'll change their mind about such a fundamental issue.
I didn't want to turn 30 and poke holes in condoms to get pregnant, you know.

>Czech?
No! I live in a shithole in the middle of the Alps, everyone goes hunting here.
>>
Talk to your family and tell them it's not acceptable and you want them to stop. Completely. If they don't stop then you slowly bring your boyfriend around them less, tell him about them less, and spend less and less time around them. Don't cut them off full tilt, but if they ask why you don't bring him around or why you spend less time around them and are less forthcoming about him, tell them it's because of their shitty behavior and refusing to treat your boyfriend well.
>>
>>18124846
>tell him about them less
Tell them about him, rather. Oops.

Basically make it clear they can be a part of your ex's life, or they can be a part of your life. And they have to choose. Are they going to be open to who you're dating now, or lose you due to how much they like your ex?
>>
>>18124834
She must be Swiss, they all have guns there.
>>
>>18124870
Most European countries allow you to own guns if you have a reason to, like sports or for hunting.

>>18124846
>>18124852

I might try that. I didn't want to come off as a bitch to them, because beside this thing they've been wonderful parents and I truly love them.
But my boyfriend doesn't deserve to be treated like this.
>>
>>18124879
I was implying the Swiss care more about having them.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.