[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do women cut their hair short?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 13

File: IMG_6507.jpg (24KB, 500x477px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6507.jpg
24KB, 500x477px
Why do women cut their hair short?
>>
>>18124046
Because it's low maintenance. You cut it once in a while but you don't have to comb it or style it.
>>
because some women can pull it off.

Antifafu can quite well. I don't have any saved pics, but she gets posted all the time on other boards
>>
>>18124075

Yeah, like 1/100.

Most of them look like androgynous piles of shit or lesbians
>>
>>18124049

So a girl who has short hair is basically the neckbeard of guys? "Idgaf about my appearance?"
>>
>>18124101
No?
It looks good on some. My mom looks like John Lennon with long hair because they're super flat, but with a shorter cut she is gorgeous.
Some others simply enjoy it.
It is practical for people who work out a lot.
It can also look classier on some girls.
>>
>>18124046

Why do some guys grow their hair out?

It's called preference and personal freedom to do whatever the fuck you want with your style/looks.
>>
>>18124046
I cut my hair to 15mm. That is short for me as a male.

>why
Because we can.
>>
>>18124099
>Implaying most of them wouldn't look like piles of shit with long hair
Most women aren't beautiful. What do you even care if they're unattractive with long hair or unattractive with short hair?
>>
I have short hair.
Looks better on me.
It's very thick and heavy and when long, it just lies limp and flat, no matter how I try to style it.
When short, I can style it so it has some volume. Makes me look more feminine, believe it or not.
>>
>>18124116

Keep telling yourself that
>>
>>18124046
Why do men shave their beards?
>>
>>18124208
Lfmao
>>
File: dishwasher.jpg (41KB, 718x500px) Image search: [Google]
dishwasher.jpg
41KB, 718x500px
>>18124116

No. You don't. Women under 50 with short hair are quitters.

Lazy, effectively asexual freemartins. You give up on trying to be attractive, and attempt to justify it. It looks shitty. Maybe you're not a slob or have a moonface. Looking like an overstuffed lesbian isn't a virtue.

And whatserface there, in the photo, was a hundred times better-looking when she had longer hair and was new to Hollywood.
>>
>>18124046
IDK but please keep doing it.
>>
>>18124234
Because they want to.
>>
>>18124046
I did it because I wanted a change and my long thick hair was a lot of work.
i liked it for a while but now i miss my long curls, as much as i hated them
>>
Did you hear that ladies? Men want us to have long hair! We have to stop cutting it. I mean, that's the only reason we decide what to look like, right? To please men! So let's grow it out!

I have long hair btw, I just think this is stupid
>>
As a dude, I find long hair infinitely more attractive than short hair for women.

But, like, they don't exist solely for my viewing pleasure. They can do whatever they want, whyever they want.

>whyever isn't a word

It is now

>>18124046
>Why do women cut their hair short?

Maybe they wear helmets a lot. Maybe it's a statement on female empowerment. Maybe they're in a zombie apocalypse and want to reduce entrapment risk. Maybe its in fashion.

Does it matter? ¯\_(ツ)_/ ¯
>>
>>18124290
Short hair is masculine
>>
>>18124290

>implying women don't do most things for male attention
>>
>>18124234
>being this triggered by the idea of a woman cutting her hair
Wew
Don't you have to post in some >tfw no gf thread, autismo?
>>
File: Natalie+Hall.jpg (466KB, 1744x1744px) Image search: [Google]
Natalie+Hall.jpg
466KB, 1744x1744px
I personally prefer my women with short hair, I find it attractive and most of the short haired women I know usually have amazing personalities and super courageous and outgoing.

pic related - my dream girl
>>
>>18124304
>my perspective of things is objectively true for everyone
There are people that find long hair masculine and short hair feminine, what does that even matter to you?
>>
>>18124296
Cuck.
>>
The same reason I ate ten strips of bacon and then took a massive shit. I feel like it.
>>
>>18124512
Not an argument.
>>
>>18124046
I don't really care, I really like it
>tfw most of them are lesbians
>>
File: fea1c7db04f72a9393bd5c8ead3aadb7.jpg (136KB, 653x1000px) Image search: [Google]
fea1c7db04f72a9393bd5c8ead3aadb7.jpg
136KB, 653x1000px
>>18124049
fpbp
all women in my (Slavic) country cut their hair short when they reach a certain age, or when they get married and have kids. Then you don't have to care for yourself anyways, you have to care for the little ones and the house.

Long, beautiful, silky, and most important of all - healthy hair gives you high sexual market value if you are female, it shows that you are young, healthy and fertile. That's why women in my culture would braid their long hair or let their voluminous curls flow, covering their back and reaching their buts, but after they found a mate for life and had lots of kids they would cover their hair in a scarf, not only from protection from wind, rain, sun... but I also think because they didn't want to attract any more males, they wanted to give other women the chance of being attractive and getting a mate.
>>
>>18124234
Audrey Hepburn. She always had short hair. Look at her very first movie on her wikipedia page, don't know why you thought any different.
>>
>>18124878
(continued)
ok, she had different styles of hair at different points. Not long hair and then went short.

http://www.marieclaire.co.uk/beauty/hair/audrey-hepburns-best-hairstyles-from-breakfast-at-tiffanys-to-roman-holiday-237986
>>
Short hair only looks good on the most beautiful of women, and even then, doesn't look as good as long hair.

I don't have any personal problem with a woman who cuts her hair short, but I sure as hell am not going to date her. I'd be super pissed if I was dating a girl and she cut all of her hair off, almost to the point of dumping her.

It looks bad, and masculine. But do what you want, ladies. You probably wouldn't want to date me if I had a mullet.
>>
The better question is, why do men cut their hair short?
>>
>>18124909
so they can be more efficient work slaves
>>
I think shortish, like just a bit less than shoulder length can be pretty damn cute. But too short looks bad.
>>
>>18124046
actually the logical question would be the opposite. not that I like short hair on girls, but short hair is more practical, hygenic, etc. why is this a standard? are we just attracted to long hair because we associate it with women in general?
>>
File: IMG_5630.jpg (53KB, 500x625px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5630.jpg
53KB, 500x625px
>>18124046
Pic related is the shortest women should go.

Long hair is always better. I fucking hated short hair cuts as a child. My mom would have my hair short all the time because "she wanted easy
maintenance". Now that I'm in my 20s I try to keep it long as possible.

Some women though are better off with having shoulder length hair. It just looks better due to having super thin hair.

Also as we get older we develop grey hair, and grey hair is often wirey/thin and tough to deal with. Many family members on my mother's side had greys early (like in their teens). I started going grey when I was 14. I need to dye my hair to hide the greys. I try to eat healthy, exercise, reduce my stress, and take supplement too. I use high end products on my hair. Long story short it is a lot of maintence to keep long hair looking good. Especially if you're older. I see why many women opt to short hair cuts. It simply looks better due to their hair being thin/grey.
>>
>>18124936

Long hair tends to frame the face better and hide flaws in symmetry and such. Men have harder, more defined features, whereas women are softer and rounder.
>>
Because it makes sense, and it's practical.

Long hair, that shit gets EVERYWHERE.
It gets in food, it gets in clothing, it's always in your face if you're trying to cuddle...

The food thing, hair can't even be digested. It has to pass completely through the digestive tract untouched. There are cases of people literally developing hairballs and having serious complications in their intestine, ableit usually due to straight up hair consumption, but nonetheless...

Long hair might be pretty to look at, but fuck if short hair isn't nicer to have.

I don't really have a preference either way, as long as it suits the person stylistically. I might actually prefer if more women had short hair. It means they give less of a shit about what other people think, and more about what they're doing.
>>
>>18124923
If you mean an efficient way of prostrating themselves then sure. But I don't see how it causes less efficiency otherwise. Maybe when it's half-grown, then it can get in your eyes a bit. But animals are perfectly adapted to their environments, if man's hair was even a slight hindrance he would have lost it long ago.

The cutting of hair is more a psychological thing. Like how in some countries they always shave the heads of prisoners. Like a lion's mane, a man's hair should be his pride and joy. Taking that away from them is a powerful symbol on a deeper level.
>>
File: IMG_5632.jpg (111KB, 306x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5632.jpg
111KB, 306x500px
>>18124940
2/2

See pic related
Thin, long hair....it doesn't look good. It tangles easy and having long hair = older hair, easier damage..which equals rattier ends.

She would look much better with shorter shoulder length hair. Her hair would be healither and look fuller. Not everyone can have long hair unfortunately.

However, there are other options like extensions (halo extensions are great; no damage) or hair pieces.

My advice to all you fembots is to take care of your hair. NEVER dye your hair yourself, go to high end salons, use high end products, and NEVER use henna. I used henna a few times and it was a big mistake.
>>
>>18124947
>implying anybody has ever had a trichobezoar off of the occasional stray hair in the mouth

hair can be digested in small quantities, it's just keratin after all. it is when people develop trichotillomania, actively pulling their hair out of the scalp and eating it enmasse that it bundles up in the intestines and causes transit problems.
>>
>>18124951
my english no good, shaving someones head reminded me of slaves and how the male slaves have always been bald, that is one of the reason I wrote it.
>>
>>18124046
I cut my hair short so guys that are so shallow that you have to look like June Fucking Cleaver will leave you the fuck alone.

That includes (You).
>>
>>18124046
Cuz it's hawt u dumbass
>>
File: 6ca.jpg (34KB, 600x403px) Image search: [Google]
6ca.jpg
34KB, 600x403px
>>18124099
>>18124208
>>18124234
>>18124296
>>18124304
>>18124900
>>18124940
Why are people so belligerent and unreasonable about things that are 100% pure opinion and baseless preference? You're not much different than mindless animals and I hate you all.
>>
>>18125133
Short hair is masculine but I didn't say I wasn't attracted to women that had short hair. A woman with short hair is still a woman.
>>
File: 1375133871183.gif (407KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1375133871183.gif
407KB, 250x250px
>>18125133

Because if your focus is on insulting other people you don't have to focus on yourself. Making other people feel bad about themselves to make yourself feel better by comparison is not a habit of confident people. Its a habit of the weak.
>>
>>18125133
Think lots of the people you're quoting are just giving their opinion as well bud. Look at the last person you quoted, what can you call "unreasonable" about that? Do you want people to state the opinion that sometimes short hair looks good even though they don't really think that? People are entitled to an opinion, maybe you should stop being belligerent and aggressive.
>>
>>18125186

>People are entitled to an opinion

You are mistaken. The poster is not saying people aren't allowed to have an opinion. Everyone is, but just because you are entitled to your opinion does not mean you are somehow free from the responsibility of accepting its implications.

When you go out of your say to singularly insult someone for liking short hair or are not satisfied to just say "Hey, I think women with short hair is masculine" and speak in absolutes instead like "All women with short hair are masculine" and then argue back in fourth with anyone who disagrees with your opinion it says a lot about either your lack of character or your insecurity that causes you to vehemently insult someone for seemingly no reason other than to protect your fragile sense of self.

In short, yes, everyone is entitled to an opinion but if you insist upon being a cunt about it then be ready to accept the consequences of people calling you one. Freedom of speech is not the same as the freedom to say what you want and not accept the responsibility of your words.

I'm not speaking about every post he quoted, just generally. A few of the people he quoted were unequivocally cunts about it, for sure.
>>
>women getting this triggered by guys saying they like long hair
>>
>>18125237
Nothing gets my dick harder than a girl with long hair
>>
>>18124046
feminism, not even memeing.
>>
>>18124116
Another femanon here with short hair. My hair is also very thick and heavy and the most common thing I hear at the salon is "You have a lot of hair!", then they pull out razors and thin it.

It also gets wavy at a certain length and not in a sexy way. Just in a gross, unflattering way. If I had long hair, I would need to straighten it daily and it still looks like shit.
>>
>>18125249
Nothing gets my dick harder than a girl with short hair
>>
File: 1473367530375.gif (1021KB, 421x389px) Image search: [Google]
1473367530375.gif
1021KB, 421x389px
>>18125237

>mfw criticizing someone for behaving like a cunt is somehow considered getting triggered
>>
File: 14548655481818192.jpg (36KB, 412x412px) Image search: [Google]
14548655481818192.jpg
36KB, 412x412px
>>18125133
Hello newfriend
>>
>>18125237
Post your picture so girls can tell you everything they find unattractive about you and your grooming choices.
>>
>>18124951
Wasn't shaving head a thing because of fleas?
>>
>>18125485

>having a preference
>behaving like a cunt

Women
>>
File: hate this.jpg (43KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
hate this.jpg
43KB, 500x600px
I really dislike long hair. If it's touching or below your shoulders, it's too long. It's the most boring hairstyle known to humans. "Oh wow, another generic chick with some limp hair dangling from her head". It just hangs there and gets in everything.

You can't do anything with long hair, unless you tie it up - admittedly ponytails are great and the only useful thing about long hair. It just covers a woman's face in an unflattering way. Even worse, nowadays people don't even add any volume to their hair. At least in the 80s, women tried to make their long hair have a little life.

Even worse are the retards who claim they can't tell if a person is male or female unless they have long (like men can't have long hair??). You must be a chronic mouthbreather to have this sort of gender confusion.

Short and medium length hair are infinitely superior, both from an aesthetics and maintenance point of view. If you don't have good facial features, you'll look ugly even with long hair. I'm sorry. It doesn't help.

Long hair is a current day fad stemming from counter culture baby boomer hippies who wanted to rebel against their WWII generation parents. I can't wait until it all comes full circle and short/medium length hair is in vogue again.
>>
File: img1.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
img1.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
>>18126093
Here's one of many examples of a much more interesting and flattering hairstyle.
>>
>>18124046
theyre strong independent womyn and they dont need no man
>>
>>18126093
I feel like you're hating because your a chick with either an ugly pixie cut or lesbian soccer mom hair do
>>
>>18126124
I'm a man, you fat fuck.
>>
>>18125553

>thinking behaving like a cunt is cool as long as you call it a preference

Robots
>>
>>18126132
Well played.
>>
>>18124101
Lol my gf is already taking more than an hour to get ready, if she had long hair it would be suicide
Also I have long hair, it take me some to take care of it (more than you), does this mean that every others short-haired dude are neckbeard?
That's basically a haircut
>>
Nothing better than a girl with short hair and a huge ass.
>>
>>18124234
>tripbait
The worst kind of newfag
>>
>>18124468
>implying women are a hivemind
>implying gay women don't exist
>implying women have no freedom of choice or expression outside of men's attention
>>
Girls with short hair > all
>>
I'm a girl with short hair.

Bite me.

I need a haircut. I'm going to have an extra inch taken off just to spite all of you.
>>
>>18126338
Go bald
>>
>>18126341
I have always wanted to, but I'm afraid of what my headshape would be.

It's definitely on the bucketlist, but I think i need to wait until I'm older and give absolutely zero fucks.
>>
>>18126102
Hey, that's my haircut.
>>
>>18126343
I'm just scared of my dandruff becoming real obvious.
>>
>>18126349
Dandruff would just fall off if there's no hair to keep it there.....
>>
>>18126367
Wouldn't there be flaky patches on the scalp?
>>
>>18126349
I'm afraid of having birthmarks and shit I don't even know about.
>>
>>18126345
Wanna get married?
>>
>>18126424
You don't know anything about me other than the fact that I like 20s style (I also like 30s, 40s, 50s,60s). A little forward don't you think?
>>
>>18126425
>A little forward don't you think?
Maybe just a little.
>>
>>18125547
Speaking historically we can only really sit on our asses and navel gaze about what the practical purpose of haircutting was. Depending on who you ask it could be anything from slaves to fleas to fighting.
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.