[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anybody who has a 1,000 dollar laptop know if it helped alleviate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (8KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 275x183px
anybody who has a 1,000 dollar laptop know if it helped alleviate their depression?
>>
Sad thing is though. You can't really buy happiness.
>>
>>18123618
the act of playing video games, quietly run laptop, watching crisp videod and looking at good pictures, folding it into a tablet, doesnt that help anyones depression
>>
>>18123624
also bringing it on campus and sitting on a nice couch would be lovely, especially if u have no friends. or even a coffee shop if ur not in school.
>>
>>18123624
Yeah maybe for like a hour or two.
>>
>>18123614
No, actually the opposite (no access to computers) helped me alleviate my depression.
>>
>>18123614
What? Lol

It actually might have in my case, but i use my laptop primarily for self improvement. I take courses on sites like udemy, torrent foreign films, digital paint in photoshop, write, etc.
>>
>>18123631
Yeah I agree with you on that one. It's just more shit that you have to worry about.
>>
>>18123630
Bullshit.
>>18123624
You know it, brotha!
Especially if the screen has anti-glare, an NVidea card, a light-up keyboard, and a slightly edgy, but awesome logo on the back of the screen that shows you dominate all the Dell-Wielding Peasants, and that you, my friend, are also a demi-deity of the computer world.

To be a true deity, however, you must invest in building and making a stationary PC.Only then would true godhood be reached.

But, demigodhood is fine too, especially with such a snazzy laptop with a badass RAM amount, decent space to hold games, and a graphics card that makes Witcher 3 run like butter.
>>
Nigga hell yeah it helps
>>
I bought a 1k lappy. Dropped it and the frame broke. Never was the same, even after I RMA'd it. Used it for 4 years. Bought a 2k lappy, mac this time. Came on it while video sexting my girlfriend. Hard drive died. Apple said they cant fix it. Now I use a 200$ craptop. Love it. Does what it should. Doesnt break when I throw it.
>>
>>18123624
why the fuck would you waste 1k on a laptop when you can just build a better desktop for the same price and actually be able to upgrade it. you sound like you have no friends and dont go outside anyway. its literally easier than assembling furniture from ikea
>>
>>18123678
>>18123692
Yeah this. Been through so many laptops. Much happier with desktop. Laptops overheat. Integrated components means if one component dies, others are likely to go with it. Components are harder to replace, harder to upgrade. The keyboard sucks. If you want to use any kinds of peripherals like a mouse, speakers, or headphones, it means you're going to be using it at a desk station anyway. Just go with a desktop dude.
>>
>>18123614
its not about the money, or the computer. its what you can do with them. can you do things with this computer that will contribute to your quality of life?
>>
>>18123631
This guy gets it.

My $1000+ laptop just allows me to fuel all my bad habits that make me hate myself at a higher frame rate.
>>
No, in fact it made it worse because all i can think about is the fact that i spent so much on it but i never actually leave my house so i just use my more powerful desktop
>>
>>18123614
Possessions, especially those that isolate you, make NOONE undepressed
>>
>>18123614
I will advice you to build a desktop instead, most people enjoy the entire proccess more than you can think.

But leaving the desktop vs laptop argument aside it fully depends on what you will use it for, playing games or watching shit in HD will entertain you, but if all you will do is stalk people on facebook and shitpost in 4chan then it will not make you feel better.
>>
>>18123723
im not making any friends at school and i have nothing to come home to. either i buy a laptop or it gets wasted on chipotle over time. also hopefully it will let me study easier on campus. i dont like desktops, they take up too much space, and the fans arent cheap on these.
>>
>>18123618

this is a load of malarkey.

Yes, yes it can. Happiness to me is being educated and functional. With a bunch of money, I could get some generally knowledgeable teacher or professor to teach me all the fundamentals I missed in K-12, and then, after all of that self study, I could ace those ACT/SAT fuckers, and get into an exclusive college. Hell, it doesn't have to be exclusive. Doesn't even.

Once out, get a decent job... doesn't even have to be great pay, and voila.. just like that I'm a productive citizen not some welfare babby.

Entree a fuckable woman and possbly even a family.
>>
No, consuming media doesnt fix depression. What you need is hobbies and people. Spend your time having fun with large groups of people. When that becomes your norm you'll be cured of depression. Go to a rock climbing gym. Those people are usually extremely chill and fun. Make friends with them and do what they do in their spare time.
>>
>>18124092

>what you need is hobbies and people

Hobbies I can get on board with, but as an autist, this is disgusting
>>
No cure for depression exists. Nothing you do with your miserable life will make you feel any different OP.
There is only 1 legitimate fix for depression but I wouldn't recommend it.

Sad, but true. I think you should know the truth. Searching for happiness will not work. Try and learn to live with the numbness and or disgust. If not then, Im sorry.
>>
>>18123630
This
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.