[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My girlfriend of one year's brother passed away a few days

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: FB_IMG_1471657604636.jpg (59KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1471657604636.jpg
59KB, 640x640px
My girlfriend of one year's brother passed away a few days ago, I've tried as much as I can to be there for her, but I know I've barely been any help at all.The thing is she doesn't want me to go to the funeral, because she says it's a family thing and she needs some space, and wants to be there for them, and I just cant sit this one out, i feel horrible not being able to be there for her as is, even though it breaks my heart to see her go through this. Should I just accept her decision or what?
>>
>>18123478
accept, it's what she wants. respect that.
>>
>>18123478
as someone who has had two brothers pass away, i may be able to offer some insight. time, support, and understanding are the only things you can offer to help.

time. it will take time for her to process this traumatic experience. it will take time for her to get back to anything that resembles the woman you knew before her brother passed away. it will take time for her to learn how to live with the gaping hole in her heart that her brother filled. i'm a guy, and it took at least six years for me to come to terms with the loss of my brother. women are emotional creatures by nature. i'm not saying that she'll be a complete wreck for that long. i do suspect you will be seeing her cry more often than you have in the past though.

support. there is no way you can make her feel better. giving her your support though, will be helping her to get to a better place with dealing with her loss. support can come in many forms. from holding her and letting her cry on your shoulder, to telling her a funny story about her brother that she didn't know. support her and let her know you are there for her, and want to be in her life. for both the good and the bad.

understanding. understand that everyone grieves differently. most people are never the same on the inside. they put on a brave face, because that's what is expected of them. understand that things will get better, but they'll never be the same as before. understand that she needs to do what is right for her, right now. looking back she may regret telling you to stay away from the funeral. understand that attending a funeral is not that important in the grand scheme of things.

i'll hang around a bit in the thread in case you have more questions. i'm very sorry for the loss you and your girlfriend have experienced. there is no preparing for a situation like that. i hope you both come out the other side of things stronger.
>>
>>18123478
Respect her wishes. You've only been dating for one year. Just be there for everything else.
>>
>>18123478

Nothing you can do except let her know you understand completely and that you're their for her and love her etc. Then leave it at that. Let her come to you when she wants but just make sure the ball is in her court and you've done what you can.
>>
>>18124286
>support can come in many forms. from holding her and letting her cry on your shoulder, to telling her a funny story about her brother that she didn't know.

"ayy bb gurl do you know what's the hottest part in your brother's corpse?"
R: [spoiler]My dick[/spoiler]
>>
>>18125266
i seriously hope 4chan never changes. have a
>you
from me.
my favorite thing about adv is that the people giving advice can be really caring, or really shitty but funny. its an enigma but it makes me happy.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.