[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I even try dating a religious girl, being an atheist myself?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: asd.jpg (813KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
asd.jpg
813KB, 800x800px
Should I even try dating a religious girl, being an atheist myself?
I can't take my neighbor out of my head, but I know her family is religious so there's a high chance she believes as well.
Your beliefs shape the way you see the world... the differences would show sooner or later.
You might think I'm a judgemental prick, but that's not what I mean.
What do you think? Have you been in this situation? Should I give it a chance?
>>
>>18123412
No i think you actually nailed it and you arent being a dick.

Its not even a matter of superiority or inferiority here, your world views are on totally different spectrums and your realities are in seperate dimensions.

Therell be problems.
>>
>>18123412
I'm fourteen months in without any issues. As long as you can find where the boundaries are and do not fucking touch the boundaries, you're good. She wants to pray before meals? Put your damn phone away and take your hat off. Just be respectful. It really isn't as big of an obstacle as most think it is.
>>
>>18123412
Who cares
If she's not muslim she'll just act and actually be a normal person
>>
File: 1434478495939.jpg (36KB, 482x427px) Image search: [Google]
1434478495939.jpg
36KB, 482x427px
>tfw Christian but the girl I have a huge crush on is into weird Wicca/Satanic looking junk..

I just want to ask if she's single so I can slow dance with her.
>>
>>18123412
Holidays, birthday dinners and any event is torture when you're an athiest with religious people. Most are boring as fuck. Judge the way you look, talk, your beliefs, everything. Plus they always want to pray which is just very fucking weird to me. I'm sure not all are like this but that was my experience. I would rather be alone than with religious people.
>>
>>18123439
don't you feel any distance between you two because of this?
don't you wish you could see things in a similar way, doesn't it have any effect on your empathy towards her?
>>
>>18123412
My SO was very religious. His whole family's Pentecostal. The little brothers name is "Blessing" for pete sake.

I gave it chance; attended church, went to church events, tried to "pray", etc. This lasted about a year. I eventually couldn't deal with all the blantant bullshit I saw; people speaking in tongues, an exorcism during church service, people channeling God, paying "tides", etc.

The past few years I went less, and then I stopped going all together about a year ago. Now my SO barely goes; he'll go maybe once a month by himself. Nothing really feels different. It feels better actually. I felt very fake and uncomfortable at his church.

So long story short, eventually your beliefs will rub off on your potential girlfriend, or at least damper down her beliefs. Be yourself, but also give her beliefs a try
>>
>>18123439
I agree with this one. If you're looking for long-term, marriage type stuff, then it could be a big issue. But if you're just looking for dating, as in, having fun together, it doesn't matter that much. I'm atheist, my girlfriend is catholic, and we get along fine. I wouldn't want to marry her, though.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.