[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'll try to make this short. I'm Canadian, 27 and lonely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: one brief moment in time.jpg (17KB, 249x280px) Image search: [Google]
one brief moment in time.jpg
17KB, 249x280px
I'll try to make this short. I'm Canadian, 27 and lonely as shit. Three years ago, my 7-year relationship ended when my fiance cheated on me with a good friend of mine. Just like that, I lost 66% of the people I hang out with.

I've been struggling ever since, being distrustful of everyone, and feeling very alone. If those two were willing to treat me like that, then everyone could be. I tried to date but couldn't find anyone and the last 3 years have been absolutely miserable. Things got dark for a while, and probably would have stayed that way if it wasn't for recent events.

I met a girl on the internet, playing videogames. For the last 3 months, we've been spending a lot of time together, exclusively online. We have similar interests, she clearly is quite infatuated with me and me with her, and for a first time in the last few years I actually have someone in my life who makes me actually happy and is willing to spend a lot of time with me talking and playing games and watching stuff and we have lots of fun together. I've done my due diligence and I'm not getting catfished, I'm not sending any money anyway but I'm actually thinking about flying there when I can take two weeks to meet her.

Thing is, there's like a billion reasons why this wouldn't work, and arguably shouldn't work. To name a few problems: First, I'm not interested in flings and she's from Europe. Plus, long distance relationships rarely work, and it's quite a commitment. The odds of this succeeding are low, but they're even worse under the circumstances because... she's 16 (which is legal in both of our countries, but not sure if ethical).

I find myself in this strange situation where this feels like a long shot, it feels a bit wrong because of how young she is (and my regular dating range would usually be like 23-28), it seems like even if I entertain the possibility, it'll just fail eventually, but I want to give this a chance because it feels like it's all I have.

So wtf.
>>
>>18123352

Well anon I wrote a big response on why you shouldn't do it but then I saw the age difference. Honestly a few years wouldn't have been a big deal but

1. You're going to be called a pedo and get shamed by everyone you know

2. If she's ok with dating someone 9 years older than her is a 16 year old she has some huge fucking issues that will become apparent quickly if they are not already.

3. You're letting your loneliness and desperation idolize this chick because she's the first in awhile to give you this kind of attention.

Don't fucking do it anon. Don't be a retard.
>>
>>18123352
do. not. do. it.
>>
>>18123352
Don't do it, anon. Is this the guy you want to be? Really?

If you care that much about her, give her ~5 years. If you're both still single and friends, then consider it. But right now you're building a relationship on a shaky foundation and you're likely to do some serious damage to her.
>>
I'm so sorry OP. That sounds so awful.
>>
>>18123352
OP sorry about, but she's 16 yo. Do you remember when you were 16? I was very dumb. You change a lot once you hit 20 yo. I would forget about it, or at least wait until she's older.
>>
>>18123352
Fellow Canadian here. Currently in an LDR with someone across the world and it sucks shit. Also please listen to >>18123392

Move out of this lonely wasteland and do yourself a favour.
>>
Go for it, bro. I'm in an eerily similar boat, so I can relate to your struggle. Love is love, etc.
>>
As a 26 year old, I find 20 year olds far too young for me, so you're just a fucking creep I guess.

Honestly, if you emotionally connect with a 16 year old, you must be extremely emotionally stunted. You need therapy, not a plane ticket.

And dude...go to the mall. Those kids walking around? 16. They don't look or act like adults in the least. How can you want to bang that?

This relationship will never make it btw. I give it 3 years max before she realizes how predatory and weird your relationship is and jets to bang men her age.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.