[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I overcome my social anxiety? My gf dumped me and I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: 1423762565146.jpg (193KB, 1024x1016px) Image search: [Google]
1423762565146.jpg
193KB, 1024x1016px
How can I overcome my social anxiety?

My gf dumped me and I was living with her. Now I am at a shared house since tuesday, with like 10 rooms and 15 people living in them. Everyone works and so on, but they also hang out down stairs and chill. Never once did I go there. In my first day, I didn't even got out to eat or shower, took me two days to take a shit. I spend all day either out of the house or in my room, occasionally I meet one of them with "hey". I also shower only when people are asleep or gone. I could go there, but I don't. Tomorrow I'll have to use the laundry. Of course I'll be a selfish idiot to only go there when I need something from them.

On another thing, I met a girl in the middle of the week at a bar, we were with our own friends, and the groups merged a bit, but nothing happened. We exchanged facebooks and she ended up with my lighter. Could I talk to her? I could. But then I just can't.

I have a facebook but barely post anything or like and comment other stuff, I just browse. And for a while I'd say it's because "facebook is crap, fuck facebook!", but I know this is an excuse (even if true). I know I don't post anything simply because I don't want to appear to others.

My eyes run like crazy with other people and I walk through the streets with my head down. I feel I'm mocked and ridiculed. I'm more and more anxious if people are interested in me. I'd be less nervous if I was robbed than if someone was flirting with me.

How do I beat this?
>>
I think your okay. All you need to do is have a little more confidence. Learn to kind of passively not give a shit about so much. Don't stop being a caring person. Just find balance my son. You have friends. You should at lest get to know some of the people you live with.
>>
>>18123220
>you just need more confidence
>just learn to not give a shit
Standard /adv/ice. God this place is shit. Not OP btw.
>>
>>18123242
Well what can people do if that's the advice for this standard problem?

"Hurr durr I'm socially anxious so I will live like a vampire hiding in plain sight what should I do?"

Well fuck what do you expect anyone to say when the single only option is to do the fucking opposite of that??? OP is probably waiting for someone to arrive in a shiny armor and take him by the hand to show how beautiful the world is. Well I hope you have a fat comfortable butt because that'll be a hell of a long wait and you definitly should sit down.

The only medicine to being socially awkward is socializing. If you can't do that by yourself go to a shrink. It's simple as that.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.