[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I apologize to my dad? I'm in my mid 20's now

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: n-DIVORCE-large570.jpg (27KB, 570x238px) Image search: [Google]
n-DIVORCE-large570.jpg
27KB, 570x238px
How do I apologize to my dad?

I'm in my mid 20's now and have fully accepted that my mom used me a weapon during my late childhood during their divorce. I bought it all hook line and sinker, and learned to see him as the bad guy.

The older I got the more I saw the truth, but over years of thinking it over I've finally accepted she's not actually that nice and used me.

Has anyone approached their fathers about this? Where did they start?
>>
He's your dad, so I'm assuming he'd just want to have you in his life again, unless you burned him good. There isn't going to be a strait answer for this one, call him and talk it out
>>
>>18122302
Kind of shit that any chance of being able to enjoy watching his kid grow up is permanently ruined.
>>
>>18122311
You're never done growing
>>
>>18122313
No, now he gets to watch an adult do their own thing. Don't pretend it's the same as playing ball with your child or watching them develop throughout their formative years.
>>
You hug him and say "I love you"

That's it
>>
>>18122302

One of the worst things an adult can do is damage the bond between a child and their parent. It's also rarely punished, sadly.

Be honest with him, get back into his life and have communication. Tell him you're sorry. Dad will not be disappoint.
>>
>>18122311

This is why you don't have kids with crazy people. You will regret it.
>>
He is well aware that you were a kid and didn't really know you were being played. So just tell him up front that you realize this now and you're sorry.
>>
I had a similar situation happen to me as a young man. As I grew up I realized how hard it must've been for my father to be vilified by the child he sacrificed so much for.

Just start spending more time with him and repair your relationship. It might be too much to dive right into, but if you could both be at a good spot in the relationship I think apologizing and talking about if will be so much easier.

Best of luck my friend.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.