[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do students mean when they're taking a gap year to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1463266030189.jpg (227KB, 1124x960px) Image search: [Google]
1463266030189.jpg
227KB, 1124x960px
What do students mean when they're taking a gap year to go travelling?

How could one afford to travel for a year?
>>
>>18122183
>How could one afford to travel for a year?
trust fund kiddies don't worry about money

otherwise they're funneling the $10-20K that would've gone to their schooling towards travel
>>
>>18122183
Think it's mostly rich kids, maybe some work while traveling. I think there's programs for that
>>
>>18122183
Mommy and daddy
>>
>>18122183
I worked for two years prior, part time while I was in school and full time over the summer. My savings covered travel costs and about a month of living costs. When my money ran low I got a job. I've been working since then, saving up to move to on, but also going out and enjoying the things on offer where I live when I can.
>>
>>18122183

I did that before I went to college. A year off to travel isn't really that though; it really means working most of the year full time and saving every penny so that you can travel a few months in the places you want, before getting bound to real life expections.
>>
>>18122183
Most of them are either rich kids or they're working living while their parents are still taking care of them or something along those lines
>>
Australian here. Most of them that come here pick fruit on farms and tend bars while staying in backpacker hostels.

Honestly seems like fun from the ones I've met.
>>
>>18122183
travelling is not expensive if you don't stay in hotels. Get a bike and you can go wherever you want for no cost. You just need to become okay with eating out of dumpsters
>>
>>18122183
Not in America you can't-the rest of the world doesn't have crazy university fees. It's more of a tradition in Europe, Australia and England.
>>
>>18122183

depends on hte person. as others noted you USUALLY hear about it from people who come from rich families.

I have known others to travel by taking out extra cash for student loans, which can be used to cover 'living expenses'.

in my college the student loan advisors often advised us to take out an extra 5 thousand or so of money on top of our normal expenses to cover living expenses while job hunting for instance.

travelling for a year can also be a lot cheaper than you'd expect. most americans think of staying at hotels and eating out fancy, but for a lot of people it means staying in hostels, couch surfing, and eating mostly produce from super markets,.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.