[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My first step to getting my dream job is to get a degree in mathematics.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: 1486255589370.jpg (161KB, 763x758px) Image search: [Google]
1486255589370.jpg
161KB, 763x758px
My first step to getting my dream job is to get a degree in mathematics. however i suck ass at math. are there any on-line resources that can help me get into math and not get anally destroyed in college.
>>
>>18122066
khan academy

how do people not know about this yet?
>>
>>18122071
This.

Also, note that mastering math takes a lot of practice. I always thought I was terrible at math because I'd listen in class but still make frequent mistakes on tests/quizzes. Turns out most college math majors devote daily time to working practice equations like a musician would spend time practicing scales.
>>
>>18122066
If you have to ask here, no
>>
You have no idea what actual mathematics is about. It takes years to just understand how to approach new concepts. It's a subject which requires dedication and effort. So don't bother with online resources, try reading an introductory book on abstract algebra: it must cover the construction of algebraic structures from sets to, say, rings or fields. If once you are finished you are able to solve many of the exercises and do every proof in the book, then there is a good chance that you can understand higher level of abstraction in higher mathematics. Don't bother with long formulas and difficult calculations, that's for engineers, do something only mathematicians study. So analysis and elementary geometry (from linear algebra to affine spaces) is not a good idea to test your skills. Go for abstract algebra. Also there is an overwhelming high chance that you are failing miserably despite you brain telling you you can be one of those geniuses you see on documentaries, so keep in mind that success in mathematics is extremely extremely extremely rare. Now go fuck yourself.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.