[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any real life 'happy madison'-like programs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 3948398349.jpg (81KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
3948398349.jpg
81KB, 500x750px
Are there any real life 'happy madison'-like programs for people who just aren't educated or people who for some reason didn't go to elementary, middle, or high school?

I graduated high school, but I royally fucked around with my general education. K-12 I didn't study, never read the required reading (cliffsnotes) , didn't ask questions in class, dozed off in class, etc. and as a result I just have a poor recollection of it all. Its like I never went.

Also, any sites that teach fundamentals up until high school level courses would be cool. I realize that may be asking a bit much from a free site though
>>
>>18121360

shit I meant the movie, Billy Madison.

For the unaware, in it adam sandler must repeat elementary up until high school or something. I've actually never seen it
>>
Bump.
Curious about this too.
>>
>>18121370

methinks I'm just fucked and should've taken it seriously the first time around.

what can I say, I didn't like most of my teachers
>>
>>18121378
I think we're just going to have to try really hard.
Read newspapers, look up everything we don't understand. Maybe even make a notebook so we can reread what we've learned.
And accept that for a long time still, others will have a headstart on us. However frustrating that may be.
>>
>>18121360
Use khan academy for STEM stuff and just start reading for humanities stuff.
>>
If you live in the USA then you should get Certificate of High School Equivalency, which you get from passing a test commonly known as the GED. If you don't think you know material to pass the test, you should search for classes for adults to get qualified to pass it. GED programs are state-run and you can probably get in a state or local government-sponsored class for free or cheap. Once you pass the GED it's good for life, it will help you get a better job. If you're smart enough to use 4chan then you're smart enough to search the web for more information on your state's GED program. You'll be among peers; the GED classes and testing environment will be filled with other adults just like you who missed out on opportunities when they were younger, and it's mostly self-motivated positive people who even try to get it to improve their own quality of life.
>>
>>18121392

thanks Ill check it out

>>18121387

I hear that, man. But I'm tempted to just an hero.. it's just so overwhelming
>>
>>18121402

thanks, but the thing is I am a high school grad

I just slipped through the cracks
>>
>>18121415
Then what is your problem? If you think you don't know much and you just want to learn a lot, you should just try reading and watching educational programs, like nature shows and those astrophysics Cosmos and Universe type shows. Start reading wikipedia, and news websites. Stay away from history channel "ancient aliens" and other "documentary" programs that pretend to be educational. Try making friends with smart people. If you hang around with smart people, you'll make smart friends. Don't hang around with stupid drunken redneck people, avoid people who believe in dumb conspiracy theories and shit.

Basically, make an effort to learn more.
>>
>>18121437

Yes
>>
>>18121360

My friend. If you have more education, you make more money, therefore pay more taxes and lower your risk of wellfare.

The government wants you to do better. There are programs for you. You can bet your last dollar on it.

Anyways, check out centers for "adult continuing education", look into getting a GED (which is what we call it in canada not sure if its named the same in the states.)

And check out Kahn Academy online. For fun i did some math courses because i sucked at math in highschool and decided to catch it up. Its very good at monitoring your skill level and adapting lessons and graduating you through more and more complex things.
>>
>>18121628
I reread your post.

Sorry i dont know how i got it in my head you didnt graduate.

Ok forget everything until the end. Kahn Academy. Its free and does exactly what you want.
>>
>>18121360

buy a textbook based on the materials you want to leanr. then teach yourself. if you reach something and cant understand it, go online and look for follow up information to fill in your blanks
>>
I only did one year of middle school and one year of high school

>Get into construction for about 10 years
>Enroll in community college as engineering major
Fast forward 2+ years
>Doing calculus, programming, president of a club participating in a NASA competition

It'll take a while longer but community college will help you catch up and there might be some programs to help you financially

I still have a while to go but I often get told I'm one of the most inspiring people they've met - and my real world construction experience is a big reason why I excel in leadership and management in such a introverted dominated field
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.