[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have this problem where I get really attached to people I like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: lake.jpg (61KB, 450x336px) Image search: [Google]
lake.jpg
61KB, 450x336px
I have this problem where I get really attached to people I like really fast but then start nitpicking flaws in them.
I get very thin skinned and the slightest thing they say that offends me I blow out of proportion.
I'm afraid of the repercussions at my current job where I already shunned a few people and nearly did it to the person I like and talk to most there. The best thing I found so far was to just try and isolate myself as soon as I get those feelings but that's not always and option and I keep getting asked why I'm mad.
What can I do to control my emotions better?
>>
You are not perfect, just keep that in mind. We may give ourselves the illusion that we're better than others, but we're not. The good in people is usually seen in their actions, the good things they do. If you look for flaws all the time, try standing in front of a mirror, try listening to the sound of your own voice. If we all looked for the bad in people, we'd never be satisfied.

Try running for stress relief.
>>
>>18121384

I do feel like physical exercise helps (I usually do pushups when stressed) but I can't just drop down and do that in the middle of work.
>>
>>18121393
Then try getting a prescription for something to relax you? Valium or something. Or simply smoke. I don't smoke or drink so I get irritated sometimes too, but it's mostly having too much to think about around other people.
>>
>>18121400

Well I have been meaning to try smoking pot. I hear it helps a lot with something like this. But it's not that common here and I don't know where to get any. And I'm against smoking in general, I smoked for 6 years and quitting was one of the best decisions I've ever made.
As far as prescription meds, the idea of just popping a pill like that for my problems scares me. I get addicted easily to stuff.
>>
>>18121404
Well shit.

Better think hard about them options. Or just accept that people will simply not meet your standards, so you either gotta lower them for their sake, or ignore them? I dunno.
>>
>>18121359
I'm sure you're a man but that sounds like something an insecure woman would do. Ever had a gf that just couldn't stop hacking at your knees?
>>
>>18121511

I've been called a woman before so I guess you have a point.
>>
>>18121525
Lol I guessed good then
I think when you get attached so hard and focus on someones flaws in such a way is because you lose pretty much any focus on yourself with those people. Am I right?
>>
>>18121546

It's usually with people I get very comfortable with. Where I genuinely enjoy their company.
>>
>>18121551
Well I can't really help you. You sound like my ex that was just searching for my flaws and hacking at them whenever I supposedly showed them and she felt bad or uncomfortable at the moment.

From an outside view it's just weak, unbalanced and comes without any introspection. You just let people get really close at you just to push them away afterwards.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.