[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm gonna try and sum this up as best I can. Basically,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

I'm gonna try and sum this up as best I can. Basically, I was raped around 8 months ago, and the person who did it was someone I've had a very complicated relationship with for a very long time. We haven't spoken in about 7 months (he cut me off completely) but there's a history there, even though he did so much destructive shit I'm inclined to not want to hurt him back.
Back in January I finally broke and told my mother about it. She insisted it get reported, so we finally called in, and that was that.

Because it's essentally a his-word-against-mine situation, there's next to no chance he'll get charged on anything. (And i'm grateful for that, I'm not sure I'd be able to handle any kind of lengthy court process, I just want it to be over)
But the officer has proposed that I make a report to the college he attends, which could be enough to get him expelled. I know for a fact he's an unhinged + unpredictable person, and so could pose a risk to others.

I feel so guilty. On a rational level I KNOW I shouldn't, but I can't shake the feeling that I'm ruining his life, fucking him over, I don't know. He's caused so much distress for me, for others as well, is there any advice on how I can move past the guilt?
>>
What were the circumstances?
>>
>>18121176
Uhhh like 30 minutes of me crying and telling him I really shouldn't and him yelling at me/ undressing me every time i got redressed and me eventually giving up and letting it happen // If that's what you meant/ I had known him since 2014 and we'd been dating on and off but it was very very dysfunctional/ I had just turned 15 when we met and he was in his 20s, so points on me being a fucking jackass I guess

There were always a million red flags
>>
That seems like something that should have to occur through the legal system in order to be just. You would be taking advantage of a bad system, but that can be fine.

Which would bother you more, him being expelled or him not being expelled? Just attempt that one. Then let it go and just be concerned with your life and where you are, and don't worry about what's happening in distant places.
>>
>>18121196
That's probably a good way to look at it. I've sort of been acting on what my close ones want me to do, but I can't in truth say I'm feeling very vengeful over this anymore. I spent a lot of months feeling overwhelming anger, it takes way too much out of you to be worth it.
>>
>>18121186
Would love to know what other's opinions of this are, because I'm in a similar boat. I said no to a guy, before and during the sex, but eventually just shut my mouth and let it happen. Because of this I have never felt it was "right" to label it rape.
>>
>>18121204
From where I'm sitting, I'd say that definitely sounds like rape. At any rate, it's not okay. I think there's an unfair notion that the victim has to be screaming and hitting their rapist in order for it to "count"? If you clearly communicated that it was unwanted, even during, and he did not stop, what else is it?
>>
>>18121211
Thank you. So much.
>>
>>18121204
> Did you give explicit consent under your own free will?
No? Then it was rape.

Man, I used to be super lefty and anti-victim blaming, but now I don't know. I've read so many fucking rape stories here and it's always the same:
1. Women refuse to call acknowledge it until months or years later
2. They refuse to report it or even tell anyone
3. They don't even hate the perpetrator

I don't see this kind of shit happening if someone stole your purse or broke into your house. I understand there's a social stigma, but there's like a 90% chance that rapist will strike again. I thoroughly believe now victims are partly to blame for rape culture because they never fucking do anything about it.
>>
File: orangutan pumpkin.jpg (61KB, 425x391px) Image search: [Google]
orangutan pumpkin.jpg
61KB, 425x391px
>>18121243
I honestly understand this perspective, but wouldn't it be more accurate to say the victims behavior is a consequence of "rape culture" rather than a direct CAUSE of it? It's hard to say, I guess. The best you can do on a case-by-case level is to just be firm with the victim, God knows it's helped me that my people haven't been wishy-washy about the whole thing. The frustration is fully warranted though, I still feel it with myself sometimes. I don't know.
>>
Remember that we only hear OP's side of the story. This is why you're not going to convict someone accused of rape months later with zero evidence. For all we know OP could be making it all up and she's just a mentally unstable vengeful bitch.
>>
>>18121204
It wasn't.
>>18121186
Neither was this.

He talked you into it. You regret it. That isn't rape.
>>
>>18121243
For what it's worth, people really love to pretend to have more control over the outcome of events than they do. In a way it is empowering to take responsibility for something you have no real responsibility for. It makes you feel in charge when you really aren't and makes it easier to convince yourself that you can prevent this kind of stuff from happening again in the future.

>>18121397
Pulling clothes off and yelling isn't "talking them into" it. It's intimidation or even a threat depending on how violent they are about it. The thing with consent is that it should be actually given and not a guy bullying and threatening a girl until she says okay. In that case you put no responsibility on the guy at all to ever back off even after a firm no, that's retarded and implies that men have zero principles and/or self control.
>>
>>18121347
There is no reason at all to post about it online (let alone with a more ambiguous type story instead of straight up stranger attack) instead of just causing someone issues in real life if that is the case.
>>
>>18121432
That's her characterization of the situation, the version of the truth that paints her in the best light, how can you just take it at face value? Without at least looking at it with a critical eye?
>>
>>18121451
Because it's all I know about the situation and anything else is a figment of my own imagination. Yeah it's one person's version and we don't know if it's the whole truth but that applies to every single post on here. I don't see the point in responding with the premise that you personally feel the OP is skewed and left stuff out.

Also it's not some insane thing for this to have happened to OP. And not controversial enough to be proper troll material, like acting like she feels she didn't consent because technically she didn't say so (while also not resisting) etc.
>>
>>18121470
Did you see that even though my assessment of the situation is every bit as valid as yours, your first instinct is to tell me I shouldn't comment? You're a nu-male, aren't you. From Reddit?
>>
>>18121484
Your assessment of the situation is based on the premise that OP comes here anonymously to lie about a story involving anonymous people, and you have a hunch of what reality looks like.

My assessment is based on assuming that OP is giving a roughly accurate account of what happened.

That's quite a difference. Also for the record, hypersensitive anon, I did not tell you to stop posting, I only told you that I did not agree with how you talked about the situation and that personally I don't see the point in personally theorizing what the situation really looked like apart from what's told.
>>
>>18121484
You sound pretty buttmad. Enjoy 4chan life ;).
>>
>>18121470
> I don't see the point in responding
>>18121492
> Also for the record, hypersensitive anon, I did not tell you to stop posting, I only told you that I did not agree with how you talked about the situation
Did you just unironically tell me that your opinions self-identify as fact and anyone who has a different opinion shouldn't post, and then when called out for that nonsense, lie and completely misrepresent your entire position to paint yourself in the best possible light?

Just like I said OP was probably doing?

Wow, you're right, no way should we doubt either of you.
>>
>>18121499
> I don't see the point in responding
Which was an answer to your question why I chose not to question OP's story. Saying that -I- don't see the point in going there. And not saying anything about what you're talking about because that's not my business.

>and anyone who has a different opinion shouldn't post
Again, never said that. The whole deal with adding "I [think/do/don't]" to a statement is that unless the person reading it is very quick to feel personally addressed and offended, they realize that you are strictly sharing your own point of view.

Either way, good luck with this whole victim mindset.
>>
>>18121499
dude, this must be the most dense post I read this month. You either have some serious reading comprehension problems or try to troll way too hard
>>
>>18121515
>Anyone who doesn't agree with me is stupid
Great job.
>>
>>18121088
>Basically, I was raped
>>18121186
>eventually giving up and letting it happen
You weren't raped.

>>18121204
>eventually just shut my mouth and let it happen
You weren't raped either.

Pretty sure this is troll shit. If not: People like you are the ones who should be prosecuted and face the consequences of your deeds. YOU are the shitbags here. If you don't want intercourse, you say "NO!" clearly and push the other person away/fight them if need be to protect you to make a clear point.

To put things in context: If someone comes at you with a pillow trying to suffocate you, or with a knife trying to stab you, YOU DON'T 'just let it happen'. You fight for your life to avoid being murdered and call for help.

You did none of these things. Why? Because you're fucking sluts who open your ass widely to any man you see fit and if you regret taking their cock months later, you call it 'rape' and take advantage of the fact that our incompetent juridical system blindly takes the word of female sexual assault victim as fact and thus ruin these mens lives.

I hope you REALLY get raped one day. Brutally and mercilessly by a bunch of genetically engineered battleniggers who leave your body scarred and impregnated in the streets.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.