[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>GF is essentially wife material, don't know how I got

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: women_are_failures.jpg (227KB, 500x482px) Image search: [Google]
women_are_failures.jpg
227KB, 500x482px
>GF is essentially wife material, don't know how I got someone like her
>I fuck up pretty much constantly
>when I do she gets very cold and I'm afraid she's gonna break it off, I certainly deserve it

How do I apologize without crossing over to begging? And no, the fuckups aren't like cheating on her or anything
>>
>>18120869
What was the fuck up?
>>
>>18120869
Bump
>>
>>18120883
It's so petty to greentext but it's like the straw that broke the camel's back:
>gf and I have long history, started off as two years of me putting her on the backburner and then finally coming to my senses
>out with friends, asked her if I could call her later and she said yes she'd be free at night
>phone dies and I'm preoccupied with being with friends so I never told her what time
>turns out I kept her waiting basically for hours till she got fed up waiting
>this reminds her of our entire history of being shafted and low priority
>she's right, I did it again
>totally deserve to be broken up with and she might for real this time
>>
>>18120989

The problem with this situation is that what you actually did was more than forgivable. However, she is attributing and linking this behaviour to how you've acted in the past, meaning that she probably feels a bit foolish for giving you a chance.

Here's what I would do...I would ask to meet with her for lunch or dinner, make all the effort and find somewhere really nice. If you're low on money, perhaps ask her round to your house but make an effort to prepare something nice.

When she arrives and you're both settled, explain to her what you've just greentexted. That you didn't realise it at the time, but you've taken her for granted and this has really bothered you. You could also tell her how great you think she is, how lucky you are to be with her and how much you value the relationship.

You can of course change what you say and how you say it, but the important thing is that you show her that you understand how negative your behaviour has been, why it has made her feel bad and how you're going to change it going forward.

Things are bad at the moment but ultimately, the way out of this is just to show her it isn't going to be a repeat thing. If she cares for you, and it sounds like she does if she has waited for two years, she will forgive you.

Just make sure you don't keep doing the same thing. It's hard to forgive if you know there's no chance of it changing.
>>
>>18120989
Sounds like a non issue to me, but I'm a guy
>>
>>18120869
>i've been thinking a lot about what i did and i realized how crappy it was, i'm very sorry for [something] and from now on i'll make sure to value you and treat you with the respect you deserve

doesn't really matter what you did, just say this
>>
>>18120989
>>18121020
It's not a non issue, she just never really forgave him for not considering her a real option and it got triggered again. Which is to some extent understandable as two years is a long fucking time, but she'll need to get over it if she wants the relationship to work out.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.