[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/ What would you suggest someone in their mid 20's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 12078305.png (153KB, 936x662px) Image search: [Google]
12078305.png
153KB, 936x662px
Hey /adv/
What would you suggest someone in their mid 20's who still lives at home and wants to leave to the city do?
I grew up in a small town in Ohio and it's always been my dream to move to a more interesting place. However at some point I gave up on wanting to do more with my life and begun to sink into the routine of going to work and coming home to my family.
I attended a community college for a year but dropped out after realizing that it wasn't what I wanted to do with my life.
How can I make a transition to the city easier? Should I even bother before getting some kind of well paying job? Should I just accept my fate of being a local yokel and kill myself?
Thanks for the advice, and sorry if this is a question asked often.
>>
>>18120539
What work experience and qualifications do you have? Getting an appropriate job to sustain a reasonable standard of living in your city of choice is the most important step
>>
>>18120555

and no matter how much you might wish otherwise, your ability to earn is going to define how fast you can leave, and what lifestyle you can expect when you get there.
>>
I've got three years of work in the hospitality industry. Before that it was pretty much me loafing around. Luckily hotel jobs are abundant in the city but I can't imagine them paying high unless you're management, which I don't have a chance in becoming in my town.
>>18120559
Sadly understand that. I was considering looking into getting some kind of certification over the next year or so in order to bump up to a decent wage.
>>
>>18120562
Hospitality jobs certainly are abundant in big cities though they're not exactly renown for good pay. I'd agree there is a lot more room for you to grow in the industry outside your small town.

Will it be just you that's thinking of moving or will you be taking a significant other and/or dependents with you? Look up the jobs available that you could reasonably land and the cost of renting (hopefully split with a flatmate). Expect longer commutes
>>
>>18120567
I'm honestly not sure if I want to grow in my industry. I'd be willing to go manager if it could better my life while I worked on something else as well, but hospitality is a bit of an unfulfilling job.

It would just be me unless I find someone in the city who needs a roommate, which I hear is a real thrill. I know Columbus rent isn't insane so I'll check there. Thank you
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.