[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to get a device that uses a massive amount of electricity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: plosion.jpg (654KB, 3072x2044px) Image search: [Google]
plosion.jpg
654KB, 3072x2044px
I want to get a device that uses a massive amount of electricity really fast. Any thoughts?
>>
>>18120506
Why do you want such a device?
>>
>>18120512
not op. would assume hes hooking it up to someones house/business/car to either jack the bill up or deplete the battery
>>
>>18120506
As far as home appliances?
Clothes dryers and refrigerators.
Open refrigerators take the most though.
>>
>>18120527
>implying OP doesn't want to spectacularly an hero and take out half the block's power while making the neighborhood foot the bill
>>
>>18120506
It depends on what you're trying to achieve, there are a lot of variables there.
>>
>>18120535
That's also a good idea, but I'm just here to piss off my worthless neighbor.
Trust me, if you'd known him, you'd want to do the same. I won't go into detail, so I'm going to leave it at that.

Maybe I should be specific: It has to be silent, yet consume that much more energy. I can't just bust into his house and open the fridge. I can just visit him and plant the silent power-eater somewhere he'd least expect it (which is behind a couch in the living room. He literally never touches that).
>>
Anything that consumes an actually noticeable amount of power is probably going to be too big to hide behind a couch and/or put out a lot of heat. Even something that's notoriously power-hungry like a bitcoin miner generates a huge amount of waste heat. Anything that actually runs up his electric bill will end up being noticeable due to either having a noisy fan or setting his couch on fire.
>>
>>18120571
Bitcoin miners are fanless mostly, and they don't generate that much heat. Put a fuckton of them in his house, not only will you fuck his power bill, you'll also earn some bitcoin (not a lot though, considering its price)
>>
I worked at a restaurant, the sandwich presses and bread toasters consumed a lot of energy, even if on low. If you can find a used one, have fun...
>>
>>18120506
Induction coil in a bucket of water with a running hose into it.
>>
>>18120557
OP you dumbass, that power has to go somewhere
If it doesn't go anywhere it either gets really hot or starts ionizing the air around it, which makes noise
Even small transformers make fairly audible noise at low power consumption
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.