[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>friend maybe has a job? I'm not sure anymore >he

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: 1487802626310.jpg (71KB, 559x598px) Image search: [Google]
1487802626310.jpg
71KB, 559x598px
>friend maybe has a job? I'm not sure anymore
>he drinks every day
>does whatever drugs he gets his hands on
>he suffers depression and other mental health issues
>me and two others try really hard to get him out and active
>invite him to stuff
>visit his home
>most of the time he shuts us away or turns down our offers
>we'll set up meeting spots for hang outs and he says he'll come
>he never shows, despite repeated phone calls/texts
>reads our (inb4NORMIEREEEEEE) facebook messages and posts but never acts upon them
>posts a fishing status about mental health that basically says "always check on your friends with mental health issues, I bet 5 people wont copy and paste this because they dont care!!!"
>get frusterated
>feel the urge to call out on his shit
I know its past the time to try and help him and he needs to help himself but shit. I just don't know what to do anymore.
>>
You can't help someone that won't help themselves. Try offering to take him to a counselor, or something like that.
>>
>>18120451

i have a drug addicted cousin thats relapsed a few times. call him out, have an intervention, whatever. they have to know how their actions are affecting you, others, and have to want to help themselves. the biggest thing i learned is inviting them to stuff etc doesnt do anything if they dont want to help themselves

best first step i would say is the 3 of you have an intervention with him and see if hes willing to get professional addiction help
>>
>>18120472
Oh, and if he is addicted to any substances make sure he is sober before you do an intervention (not this anon).
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.