[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Very long story short, My brother died in a car accident in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: 465454.jpg (126KB, 640x478px) Image search: [Google]
465454.jpg
126KB, 640x478px
Very long story short,

My brother died in a car accident in December. I found some weird things in his possessions from his car and later in his house. Nothing illegal (besides a small amount of marijuana), But strange to have.

There were a few things that kind of stood out that I won't go into for TL:DR reasons but one was a cell phone with a wires coming from it going to the input of a digital recorder (so he was using it to record phone calls). An the only thing on the recorder that it was attached to was someone reading off a license plate number and some conversation between my brother and another male who I don't recognize the voice of.

But when the guy said the license plate number they said it like police officers do. For instance....

License plate 1FD038 (this wasn't the license plate number)

They would read it as One, Frank Delta, zero, three, eight.

Besides the police, What other professions/jobs do this?

I find it hard to believe it was a police officer because my brother didn't talk to anyone, Especially the police. He distrusted them and was kind of "anti police" in a mild way. So he definitely wouldn't have one as a friend or talk to one unless he got pulled over and absolutely had to.

I'm trying to figure out why my brother was talking to this person, Why he was recording the phone call, and who this person is.

But the cell phone the digital recorder was still plugged into doesn't have anything on it, All the calls are erased, There are no contacts in it, It's also a prepaid cell phone. So no luck there

Can anyone tell me what kinda jobs would someone have that would read letters like that when reading a code or license plate?
>>
>>18119709
Did he hire a private investigator/detective for any reason? Can you check his bank transaction to see if payment were made to someone and what their profession is?
>>
>>18119709
A lot of people use the phonetic alphabet because no matter who you are, it is just easier to not confuse letters being spoken to you this way. Don't need to be in a profession for this. Just need to onow about it.
>>
>>18119841
I briefly looked though his checking account but nothing stood out. It was pretty repetitive and consistent each month. Nothing stood out as "I wonder what he bought here".
>>
It was probably just his conspiracy stuff. Maybe he was into into it more than you thought
>>
>>18119947
What do you mean?
>>
>>18119709
Let his secrets die with him.
>>
>>18119709
Does it matter? He's dead. I'm sorry to be so blunt. Let his spirit rest.

Going through his things is probably not what he wanted. Box it up. If it didnt affect you in life, it wont affect you in death.
>>
>>18120897
If It's something he shouldn't have been doing/involved in I wound't tell my whole family or something.

Wouldn't you wonder?
>>
>>18119979
I mean maybe the plate numbers he wrote down belonged to someone he "thought" was tied to whatever conspiracy theory he believed in. The guy with him may share the same beliefs.

You can't really get much from what you've given us :b
Try looking up the plates.
>>
>>18119709
Your brother was a police informant. He knew too much so the cops killed him. Investigate this lol
>>
>>18122387
Well that's the thing....No one has access to that type of database except for the police or other types of law enforcement....At least as far as I know.

>>18122559
I assure you he wasn't. I also don't believe he was murdered, He died in a car accident and photos from the scene and his autopsy reflected that.
>>
>>18122387
Also he wasn't a conspiracy theorist. I don't know where you gathered that information.
>>
>>18122582
Dude he was probably buying a car off Craigslist and checking the title or something
>>
More info or we can't do anything
>>
I'm sorry, there's just not enough to go on here to come to any serious conclusions.

You're brother could've been wanting to blackmail someone, investigating something, recording it for his own security, etc. Too many unknowns to say what he was up to on the little info you've offered.

Sorry about your loss all the same.
>>
>>18122950
Thank you
>>
>>18122566
Google the plates, or see if you can do a rego check through your state's DMV.

You probably wont find a name or address but you should get make and model which will help narrow things down. Also if it's a gov plate they usually have a certain format so look into that.
>>
>>18122952
It's a long shot, but you might try calling local oil change places.

Tell them you're calling from corporate and ask if they've done any orders. BS them a bit and give them the tag number you have as a test plate. They might be able to tell you who the owner is from that.

That example of social engineering is brought to you by the Phone Losers of America, but it could work.
>>
>>18122973
great idea. Thanks!
>>
>>18119709
somebody who wronged him or the other person on the phone. If you know the number you can look it up online. I would. ,
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.