[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you cope with your own mortality? I have the fear of forgetting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 5xClUqZ.gif (1MB, 300x226px) Image search: [Google]
5xClUqZ.gif
1MB, 300x226px
How do you cope with your own mortality? I have the fear of forgetting everything when I die and returning to the void before I was born. Forgetting everyone I ever loved and every experience I have had. I'm not religious, and I feel the extent of who we are exists between our ears and there isn't an afterlife. But outside of religion or spirituality, how do you cope knowning nothing awaits you in the end and everything you have ever experienced will be lost to you?
>>
there's no sense being afraid of death since it will come for you whether you're ready or not. If that's too much for you then just do what most people do and distract yourself with day to day tasks, you'll be dead soon enough.
>>
>>18119380
I'd say im less afraid of actually dying than what comes with it. The act of dying doesn't bother me but loosing everything else does.
>>
>>18119369
It's a great realization my friend. This means that you should find ways to be happy here and now because it's all you've got. Don't suffer your whole life expecting a better life after you die.
>>
>>18119410
well when it happens you wont know that you've lost it, there will be no more pain, no more sadness, no more anything.
>>
Research or donate to life extension research

I donated $1k last year

Dealing with something by giving up and ignoring it before even trying is so pathetic
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.