[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need help breaking a routine, it's not a normal one but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1429078252059.png (516KB, 680x418px) Image search: [Google]
1429078252059.png
516KB, 680x418px
I need help breaking a routine, it's not a normal one but I think it is one nonetheless. Every day, first thing in the morning, I will get on my phone, get on my laptop, whatever, and spend the first hour distracting myself with what I can find on the internet then after that, if I have to go to class I will shower, get dressed and eat then head off and when I get home the distractions and procrastination starts anew. If I do not have to go to class that first hour of distraction can stretch to as long as it takes for my hunger to become a serious annoyance, until then I may spend up to 6 hours without eating in the morning. I've had this routine in varying severity for the last 8 years and I don't know how to stop, really stop for good and turn my life around. The effects it's had on my life are numerous and I need to change my mind to seek a healthier lifestyle that will let me achieve the things I've wanted in the back of my head for as long as this has been going.

I need to stop, /adv/, what steps do I take to move onto a better, disciplined life?
>>
>>18118846
tl;dr
I have a bad routine, how do I replace it with a good routine?
>>
Start lifting bro.
>>
Start by changing small things at first. Don't try a major overhaul immediately. Are you browsing while still in bed? Get out of bed and make your bed. Something like that to shock your system so to speak. Maybe add other things to your routine to break up the browsing. Something like stretching or pushups in the morning when you wake. I used to be like you but little things like this snowballed into the disciplined person I am today (I literally only browse 4chan while taking a shit. I never browse for more than 10 minutes at a time). I get up, eat, workout, do my course work, and go the class. Breaks with TV or whatever are strewn throughout to keep my sanity and have fun.

Give it a try anon.
>>
Really think about your goals, distill them down into tasks you need to carry out on a daily basis, make a schedule and follow it until it becomes the new habit. The change will be tough and require discipline but it will get easier with time. Also you should always be evaluating how you're spending your time. You only get so much of it and you can waste a ton on unimportant shit. I basically only check my smartphone in the morning to see my calendar, weather, bus schedules etc. If you have a computer in your bedroom move it somewhere else or turn it off at night. Basically you have to want to change more than you want to stay the same. It may take some soul breaking experience like realizing just how much you've missed out on over the last 10 years due to misappropriated time and energies.
>>
>>18118846
Get a job, it'll force you into a routine of socializing and functioning in society. You'll be forced to organize the rest of your leisure time.
>>
how about on the days you don't have work you go to the gym first thing in the morning?
>>
buy an alarm clock

keep your phone and computer in a separate room, or at least far away from your bed

your brain is vulnerable when you first wake up. If you force yourself out of checking your phone as soon as you wake up, it'll be a lot easier to get out of the habit in general.
>>
>>18118982
>>18118991
>>18118997
>>18119014
Thank you anons.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.