[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I make my apartment fitting for my age? I'm 28 and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

How do I make my apartment fitting for my age? I'm 28 and would not like my apartment like to look like a 22 year old lives here.
>>
In what way does your apartment look like a 22 year old lives there and in what way in a 28 year old's apartment supposed to look?
>>
>>18118465
> Keep it clean, organised and tidy.
Don't have clutter around. Have a place for everything and put everything back to their place when you're done with it. Clean at least once a week.

> Have a style in mind
Make sure every piece of furniture fits well with the other. A lot of young people just have random pieces of cheap furniture they found here and there.
Buy the big pieces of furniture (bed frame, sofa, dinner table, bookshelves, closet) and then add other pieces gradually.
Have a color palette in mind, make sure colours fit with each other. Don't go too bright because bright colors are tiring to look at.
Make sure that you buy good quality, simple things when you're buying something that you cannot easily replace - no lime green sofa, but lime green pillows.

>Add some decoration
I believe that the space you live in should be the expression of who you are. So if you want to add some details that show what you're interested in, just make them look more adult. Huge fan of some movie? Look for a minimal movie poster of them, print them and have them framed. Add some screen caps of the scenes. Love travelling? Have a gallery wall with pics of your holidays. Huge music fan? Use album art to decorate your room, show your collection.
>>
>>18118469
It just looks like a gross bachelor pad and it's at the point where it doesn't fit who I am anymore.

>>18118481
Thanks man, looks like I have more research to do.
>>
>>18118481
>movie posters
>album art
dorm room 101
>>
>>18118547
It depends on how you style it.
I have a wall with some posters from museums of design/contemporary art. I picked them carefully, framed them nicely, had a color palette in mind when I picked them and they look great.
Of course if you pin 10 super colorful movie posters to the wall it will look like shit, but you can easily make it look classy.
Decorating your house is a way to express yourself, it is fine to have things that talk about you. You just have to find a way to do so without making it overbearing.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.