[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question for Militaryfags and other early risers I want to start

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Health-Benefits-Of-Being-An.gif (68KB, 413x290px) Image search: [Google]
Health-Benefits-Of-Being-An.gif
68KB, 413x290px
Question for Militaryfags and other early risers

I want to start getting up at 5am to workout and generally be more productive with my days. Any advice for making this a permanent change? If you were in the Army, do you still get up early now you have left?

Getting up early/productivity general I guess
>>
Getting up early starts with a good bedtime routine. For 8 hours of sleep you'd need to go to bed at 9pm. If you work until 5, that means you'd only have four hours until you go to bed. It's tough, I haven't been able to do it either yet
>>
>>18118458
Put a lamp on a timer and set it to shine in your face from 3:30 AM till 6:30 AM
>>
>>18118458
it was very easy in IET when you have someone screaming at you to wake up.. you get use to it, but like most things you have to get into a routine.e
>>
>>18118458

Just questioning your mindset - how does being up at 5 AM make you more productive with your days? I get fitting in a workout or something, but assuming you work something like 9-5, you'll still have a couple of hours in the morning where you're not doing much and can't do much, since work will start shortly.

Like others have said, you'll also need to go to bed at 9 PM, which is early as fuck, meaning you miss out on most post-work fun.

Just trying to understand... I wake up at the last possible moment before it's time to work.
>>
>>18118458
I learned a great secret in the Army. When it's time to get up, just roll to the side. Keep going until you fall out of bed. Works great for waking you up.
>>
>>18118664
>a lamp with a timer

where the fuck do you come from?.
>>
>>18118458
Just do it, forget about motivation. Force yourself to do everything from waking up to working out, then maybe you'll get used to it and you'll do it automatically... or not, but that's why you force yourself to do it. And again, never rely on motivation and do it every day. Also sleep enough and eat enough.
>>
Waking up at 5AM to be productive is alright, but its better to productive 24/7/365

But seriously, exercising in the morning is pretty good. It aligns with our natural hunting drive. Some mornings you have to wake up to killing your meal (or pick up eggs from your hens).
>>
>>18118876
>Waking up at 5AM to be productive is alright, but its better to productive 24/7/365

This too, going to bed too early (or not sleeping enough) can ruin other important parts of life like social life and professional life.
>>
>>18118458
>I want to start getting up at 5am to workout and generally be more productive with my days. Any advice for making this a permanent change?
Get a full night's sleep
Avoid screens (phones, TV, PC, vidya) the hour before you go to bed
Try not to eat 2 hours before bed (that includes snacking)
Set your alarm for your desired new wake up time, and stick to it
Set out your clothes/kit for the morning the night before to avoid any mad rushes and maximise your sleep
Lavender spray on your bed supposedly helps you sleep
>>
>>18119033
>Lavender spray

Gayest thing I ever heard
>>
>>18119527
It's just a plant, faggot.
>>
>>18118458
For me these tips helped
During the day no caffeine or just a small cup of coffee (very rarely) in the morning hours
Workout if possible. Try to make this a few hours before bed time.
During the night:
Sleep at the same time
Go to bed early. Fap to sleep if you're having trouble
In the morning
Sleep as Android without snooze using the QR code scanning captcha

Sleep in on weekends or take naps without alarms to make sure you're not sleep deprived
>>
>>18118458
Yeah I go to sleep at 9 and do this.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.