[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i have a boyfriend whom i love very much. he is a hard working,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

i have a boyfriend whom i love very much. he is a hard working, very passionate and kind person. there is no way i am going to dump him until i feel like i've exhausted my options.

his life is pretty damn messy. he is working on trying to improve his conditions. first thing he needs is a better job.

but what can a guy who has
>a hernia (so less physical = better) surgery will be months from now
>a psychology BA (no masters due to no funds)
>only experience in the service industry and factory jobs
>not great with computers
>and no drivers' license
can get as a job?

also please note that he is deep in debt and can't afford to go back to school again until those are settled. (which he is actively working on)

we live in ontario, canada.
>>
Maybe find someone whose life isn't in the toilet.
>>
>>18118133
thanks for the bump

this guy is everything i can ask for though. all he needs is a job that won't kill him and help him bring his financial life in order.

i already have a good, well-paying job in the field that i trained for, so how much he earns isn't important to me. i just want him to feel comfortable and not as embarrassed about his situation.
>>
also wanted to add:
>bf lives in another town with his brother
>trying to get him to move in with me which will be substantially cheaper than where he is living now
>so then my benefits can be extended to him (it's the best benefits plan in the country)
>benefits will be helpful health-wise and also for financial advice and anything else he might need
>i'm also always around computers, so i can teach him basic stuff

only real thing stopping him is finding a job and his brother; his brother has a son that my bf takes care of (really lame imo... his brother never pays attention to his kid or involves himself with him too much yet still keeps him around to spite his ex wife) and my bf worries about the kid and how they'll have to find a replacement babysitter because his brother or his new wife can't be half-assed to take care of his own kid.
>>
>>18118115
some low-ish tier office work, assistant, or perhaps a receptionist.. its boring, but it mostly fits his situation.
>>
>>18118115
Hmmmm. Focus on resolving that debt first. Maybe he should consider working an oilfield? I live in Texas and I know a few friends who used that cash to get their lives in order. Do you have anything like that up there?
>>
>>18118182
thanks, we've been thinking about that. i live near a financial district too, so hopefully he can find something in this sort of position. however, we're not sure what these employers would be looking for in a resume?

>>18118197
yeah it's a big hurdle... he is taking care of his credit card debt and his student loans at the moment with his 2 current jobs. we don't expect it'll get better until the next few years.

i'll look into the oil thing, but if i remember correctly, the oil field industry is 3 provinces over from where we are currently. i wouldn't want to send him there all alone, and i can't go with him because my company is here in toronto.

our whole end goal is to be living together too... that's really it. :(
>>
>>18118202
Well, if the oil industry is anything like it is down here he'll either be staying in provided boarding with a bunch of other dude's or he'll have to put himself up in a cheap hotel. Regardless, you wouldn't be able to follow him. He'll have to duke it out for awhile on his own. So those occasional phone calls will probably mean a lot to both of you.
It's tough, physically exhausting work that eats the day away. It's not a permanent solution, more like something you put the time in for and then jail when you have enough money.
>>
>>18118228
Dudes*
Bail*
Stupid autocorrect
>>
Does he have any passions that could indirectly be profitable maybe? Has he ever thought of trying to go the psychiatry route?
>>
>>18118228

then bail* when you have the money
>>
>>18118228
>It's tough, physically exhausting work

ah this is exactly what we're trying to avoid due to his hernia. he is currently working in 2 physically demanding jobs, which affects his hernia like no tomorrow. we've had to give up sex because it hurt too much. because he's neglected the surgery for so long, we're scared it may burst any time now. the surgery isn't scheduled yet due to canada's wait list... but even after the surgery, he needs little movement as possible for at least 2 months.

i'm sorry i don't mean to shoot down your suggestion... i didn't know anything about the oil industry but if it's physical, then it's a probable no-go....

office jobs are looking good right now, just wondering how to make him more likely to be hired in those positions.
>>
He can start in a day care.
Or a teacher
>>
>>18118237
yes! maybe... i am trying to get him back into writing again. the guy loves to read and write. i know a friend who is a reviewer and makes some bank out of that. but like any creative field, he needs to build up a background and a sort of portfolio as well as exposure. my bf is highly interested in this, but because he's currently working 2 physically demanding jobs, he's constantly exhausted. not to mention, he has a ton of housework to do once he gets home made by the mess of his brother and his brother's wife.

i'm a professional artist myself, so i'm hoping that i can get him to write while i paint during his free time once he's out here with me with one job and less stress and rent. but he needs a day job first... his debt won't wait for him.

also because he has only a BA in psychology, he's been having trouble finding a job in his field. most of them require a masters or a drivers' license and apparently they favor women over men in some positions.... it's tight, but if you know a job that might fit his credentials then i'd really appreciate knowing!
>>
>>18118248
thank you for the suggestions! we'll look into this! i believe he has worked with children with learning disabilities before, so this might open up some options in that field.
>>
>>18118240
>ah this is exactly what we're trying to avoid due to his hernia
Ah, forgot about the hernia. Yeah, you're right, this isn't the job for him right now. Sorry about that. Keep it in mind though for when he heals.
>>
>>18118115
a guy always gets his shit done, remember that. Eventhough things might look like he will never ever get things straight, he will. Thats a man.
The only thing a man wants is a partner that supports. Nothing more than that, just support. Be his stress relieve, let him be calm and warm with you. This way a man can reach his maximum potential.
My gf didnt do this for me, while i was in 2 uni's and 1 full time job (which i handled easily at that moment) she fucked me up, now im in a mental hospital. ggnore life.

Remember, a woman is makes a man, a woman is what breaks a man

heilhitlerzyklonbjudengasisexpensivethesedays
>>
>>18118279
thank you for the suggestion for sure, it's definitely something worth looking into.

>>18118299
thank you, trying to improve his conditions right now because his current home life and the town he lives in is depressing as all hell.

really believe when he moves in with me, his stress would be cut in half and he will get some adequate sleep and be able to improve his health a bit. financially, he may even be able to save more money.

he's helped me trust again and treats me like a queen, and the least i can do is to support him as much as i possibly can.
>>
Its heartwarming to see you are a supportive partner, to really love someone is to stick by them when they are going through hard times. It is refreshing to see someone who doesn't dump their partner when they are no longer convenient.
>>
>>18118409
well thank you, it's definitely nice to hear support for my decision to stick by him, it all helps.
i honestly haven't met such a solid guy like him before, i think he is more than worth it!
>>
>>18118115
He could work at a call center or something?

I don't know. I love my husband but he was a line cook when I met him with NO college degree and he had lived his life as a great cook with no ambition or desire to do anything other than hop from job to job.

When I got pregnant, he became serious and joined a trade union. Unfortunately, that also requires, at least initially, a LOT of heavy labor.

But what I am trying to say here is not to give you a suggestion for a job for him but to tell you with love it will work out, and a man who has responsibility will find a way.

I knew in my heart that this man who didn't have anything together would definitely come together for his children. He went from couch surfing and barely paying rent to holding down a nice apartment, paying rent on time every month, showing up to a demanding job early every day, completing all of his training, taking care of kids, and just being an all around great, responsible guy that anyone can be proud of.

Can he buy me a diamond necklace each Christmas? No, of course not. But he can take care of a family very well and we both work and are saving up to buy a starter home soon.

Ask yourself what you need. Do you need a man to provide everything or can you live with a partner?
>>
>>18118594
that gives me a lot of hope! thank you, i have a pretty good feeling that everything will work out in the end. i just hate seeing him struggle so much...

we don't plan to have children, but we just want to have a better quality of life together. i do believe we can make that happen, just gotta sort out the details like this haha.
>>
>a psychology BA (no masters due to no funds)

Apply to every single government job in the country. Psychology jobs in the private sector are extremely scarce, and it's one of those majors where BA is too little to be valuable.

As I often say, people are supposed to ask for advice BEFORE they make self-destruction major life decisions.
>>
>>18118240
>wait list

Good God. Always thought this was something that got blown out of proportion.

Is it only for small stuff? What happens if you break your arm?
>>
>>18118657
Not OP, but an arm break is considered an emergency and would be treated immediately. So if OP's bf bursts his hernia he would get attention immediately

>We won't treat your cancer until it spreads

Meanwhile, this thread... god damn.

>adv
>muh gf
>women are all whores!!11
>why date a woman in this day and age?

OP and >>18118594
are EXACTLY why. This may sound weird coming from an anon, but you two are exemplary women who deserve all the happiness in the world. You've basically restored my faith in modern women.
>>
>>18118641
yes not quite sure what my bf was thinking. i think he wanted to be a social worker with his BA. unfortunately, he learned that they favor women over men in that field, and with a full driver's license. he did work incredibly hard and was consistently getting the best grades, and the workload for that course is brutal. i do believe he had potential.

>>18118657
not quite sure, i've never had to be on a wait list for something like this myself because i've never had any serious injuries or procedures needed. but yes, there is apparently a wait list; even for a consulation, it is booked months ahead... (his is due in APRIL, and he had contact with these people since DECEMBER...) canada's healthcare system may be free, but you have to wait a very long time to get anything done, unless you have money to move things up along. i heard if it's an emergency, it will also bump you up the list, but don't cite me on that...
>>
>>18118701
aww thank you anon, and thank you for that bit of info! embarrassingly, i don't know too much about it... only started to understand it from my boyfriend's experience. it is very frustrating to say the least.
>>
I was in the same boat as you bf with a BS in psychobabble and a work history in security (paid for school) so I had no real skills. I went and got an EMT certification that took one semester and now I'm on my way to being a paramedic (great job security) and aiming for a physician's assistant certification 100+k salary job. But I like healthcare and it is a shitty industry.

He needs a drivers license
He needs a skill/trade

What does he like doing other than jerking off and video games?
>>
>>18118727
thank you for responding; he's been in physical labor jobs for so long, i think that's about all he knows right now... but he loves to read and write. back when he was in high school, he was so good at writing, that he won some sort of national scholarship that helped fund his studies.

due to his debt, he cannot afford to mount any more... so school is kind of beyond his reach at the moment.
>>
you know one of my good friends was an English major and he was able to go to a great school and since he wanted to be a teacher, well it's encouraged in USA and after a certain amount of work after school the loan for his masters degree in teaching was paid off
>>
>>18118784
sorry my point is that pursuing some professions from school might include loan forgiveness, I would maybe look into that.
>>
>>18118784
>>18118789
thank you, i will talk with him about this!
didn't realize there was such an option, definitely worth looking into! hoping this is available in canada and that they will be willing to look past his poor credit and such....
>>
>>18118810
>>18118115

>no drivers license

This is the ultimate red flag of perma-NEET degeneracy.

He needs to put on his big boy pants and get a license, find a job, and pay his dues. And it needs to happen without your help, otherwise he's a fucking man-child...
>>
>>18118115
B...But I am not your boyfriend :0
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.