[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi, /adv/. I'm a dude who's nearing 26 years of age

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: 1456019176320.jpg (125KB, 766x960px) Image search: [Google]
1456019176320.jpg
125KB, 766x960px
Hi, /adv/. I'm a dude who's nearing 26 years of age and I feel something has been lacking in my life as of late. It has been about 7 years since my last relationship and I haven't even tried until now. The thing is that I am insecure in pretty much every aspect of myself (with the exception of one, more later). I hate how I look, I hate how I act, how I sound, how I speak to people, but most of all I hate my face and body. Now, I feel the biological clock is set to alarm and I feel the need to just get with someone and start a long-term relationship. How do I get over being angry as fuck at how shitty I look (skinny as shit with HUGE round, chubby head, scars and stretchmarks pretty much all over my body as a constant reminder of when I used to weight 30 kgs more, hairline starting to recede, slight strabism, below-average height)?
Until now the only way I've kept myself relatively sane is by focusing entirely on my studies and now job, the only aspect of my life in which I'm so confident to the point of arrogance (And I don't even earn that much, for starters) and my hobbies, but now it's getting harder and harder to ignore this sudden urge to get with someone and start a nice relationship.
This feeling is in constant contrast with how inadequate I feel I am for the actual deal, to the point of starting to convince myself that I'm too egoistic, self-centered and too much of a loner.
Btw, I'm usually the guy dispensing life advice in my social group, and this is the only place I can get some for myself.

TL;dr: Dr. NoLove or How to stop caring and start to love myself (and someone else)
>>
One last ashamed bump.
>>
Guess I'll try some other time with a more readable post.
>>
>>18117790
I mean all you can do is continue tying to improve the things that you don't like about yourself. You'll never be perfect and the things that you can't change or aren't necessary too(scars) are a part of you. Someone will look at you and see nothing but a great person, It'll be difficult and you'll often find yourself lonely and thinking about that loneliness and "what if's". But at this point, it doesn't really matter.

Keep working on your job/school and if you find a nice girl, ask her out and see how it goes. I know your pain though OP. You're not alone in it and there's not much else we can do but improve ourselves.
>>
when things are at their worst we can be happy for the infinite rewards of self improvement. No matter how fucked up you are you can always improve yourself via Meditative transcendence and exercise. Achievements and goals are possessions that even the weak and forgotten have too. Improve yourself while reality catches up..
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.